The Cleansing Ritual?

Citrin

Needing or enjoying ritual doesn't have to be directly linked to one's spiritual path.
And everyone's different in their beliefs or approach - including whether things actually need "cleansing" or even "charging". :)
It's a state of mind mostly IMO.

That's true of course, I just find that in the Wiccan and Pagan communities there's often a lot talk about cleansing rituals and it seems encouraged there. :) Just seems common there to me.

Tanga

That's true of course, I just find that in the Wiccan and Pagan communities there's often a lot talk about cleansing rituals and it seems encouraged there. :) Just seems common there to me.

:) That's because pagans by the nature of their beliefs, are more invested in the idea of spirits, demons, devas, genii loci, ancestral ghosts, gods and goddesses etc. etc. etc... and communication and daily functioning with them.
Hence the quest to be sure that these guys don't "get the better of one" with a firm grounding in protection and cleansing formats (Particularly if one is into Goetia. Depends on one's path, and these are numerous).

e.g. never mind the "negative energies" that might have been left in your space or on your cards from the last few clients that visited you - what about if you were communing with a Chaos deity and forgot to say a proper goodbye to them? - then you might have the energies of such an entity meddling in your affairs for the rest of the day. Could be... well... chaotic.
:)

Citrin

Tanga: Yes, that's what I meant, that in a way cleansing and other rituals can be quite linked to one's spiritual path, though not always of course. :) If I were to contact spirits I'd probably do some proper cleansing and grounding etc myself but it's something I'd never do so don't find it so necessary. :)

Chimera Dust

The only thing I do is putting my cards back in order or shuffling them in particular ways. It helps me feel like my thoughts are more in order and helps me focus and settle down.