Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 217 : September 26 - October 2

AJ

Shining Tribe, Thanks

Owl Song

I'm going to work with Tarot Mucha / Isis Oracle this week. :)

DaughterOfDanu

This is a great pairing. They work seamlessly together.

I can already see they would. I have had the Faeries Oracle for years now. Picked it up countless times but never quite was able to read with it. I'm hoping this week is the week we finally have a break through. I have Froud's book Faeries along with the companion to the deck and another faery lore book so I'm hoping the background research will be helpful.

I'm still going through the cards and the accompaniment book to the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. This is one of maybe two decks that are focused more on characters than scenes so it's a challenge. I realized Froud's deck is similar and that may have been the issue before.

Madrigal

Hello DotWers. I found this simple three-card spread for the Blood Moon/Lunar Eclipse/Super Moon tomorrow. Thought I'd share it here. For some extra fun it involves the High Priestess, the Moon and the Sun:

1. Shuffle your deck thoroughly.

2. Then, look through your deck until you get to the High Priestess. The card behind her will answer the question:

What is currently hidden that needs to be revealed to me?

3. Next, look through your deck until you get to the Moon. The card behind will answer the question:

How does this affect my feelings and emotions?

4. Lastly, look through your deck until you get to the Sun. The card behind will answer the question:

How can I gain more clarity?

I may try this tomorrow sometime. It's from Cosmic Tarot's site.

RiverRunsDeep

Hello DotWers. I found this simple three-card spread for the Blood Moon/Lunar Eclipse/Super Moon tomorrow. Thought I'd share it here. For some extra fun it involves the High Priestess, the Moon and the Sun:

This looks interesting, Madrigal, thanks for sharing it. I wanted to do
something different with the cards for tomorrow, so I think I might give this
a try.

I'll be working with Samhain Deck of the Bastard and Oracle of Shadows
this week.

JylliM

Sorry I'm late! I think I'll go with the Victorian Fairy this week. I probably won't get much time with the tarot this week, though, as I'm heading to Canberra for 2-3 days and then maybe somewhere else.

JylliM

I can already see they would. I have had the Faeries Oracle for years now. Picked it up countless times but never quite was able to read with it. I'm hoping this week is the week we finally have a break through. I have Froud's book Faeries along with the companion to the deck and another faery lore book so I'm hoping the background research will be helpful.

I'm still going through the cards and the accompaniment book to the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. This is one of maybe two decks that are focused more on characters than scenes so it's a challenge. I realized Froud's deck is similar and that may have been the issue before.

I'll be interested to see your thoughts on the Froud as I'm expecting it in the mail in a few days. I don't own any oracles yet but this one has been calling to me.

sweetcherise13

1. Shuffle your deck thoroughly.

2. Then, look through your deck until you get to the High Priestess. The card behind her will answer the question:

What is currently hidden that needs to be revealed to me?

3. Next, look through your deck until you get to the Moon. The card behind will answer the question:

How does this affect my feelings and emotions?

4. Lastly, look through your deck until you get to the Sun. The card behind will answer the question:

How can I gain more clarity?

I may try this tomorrow sometime. It's from Cosmic Tarot's site.

Thank you Madrigal! This sounds like a perfect spread for tonight! Very excited to give this a try!

Scarlet Woodland

Stuck without internet for a couple days there :( Thankfully Mr Postie brought me some new deckie friends to play with.

Fancy a bit of a challenge this week so will be getting to know my new Fantastical Creatures Tarot. Also attempting my first foray into Lenormand with the Gilded Reverie Lenormand. Not the foggiest what I'm doing TBH but we're muddling through together :D

Thanks for the spread Madrigal... will have to give that a try :)

GoldenWolf

I'm going to do a second week with the Bohemian Animals Tarot along with the Animal Spirits cards. I know the latter are not an oracle per se, but I thought I could try using them that way. Possibly just pulling one or so out of a pouch, like a rune, so I wouldn't get distracted by the descriptions on the back.