Exhausted after reading

SuperTina

I haven't really seen this covered, though I may not have searched through here very well.

Does anyone else get very exhausted after reading tarot? I get really, I mean really tired after readings. Especially the more cards and more in-depth a reading. Whether it's for myself or someone else. I figure its the energy involved, and just assume everyone gets this way.

Although, today I'm not so sure. I drew The Star today (The Mythic Tarot Deck) And I did not have the exhausted feeling afterwards, even though I did an in-depth reading with it. I really liked and enjoyed reading the card, but it is not my only favorite card. (The irony is not lost on me that I drew a card of spiritual change/transformation, and something like my energy levels didn't drop after the reading)

Thought I would ask here and get a more seasoned Tarotist's input on energy, feeling exhausted after readings, what I could do differently in the future to not feel so drained?

blueeyetea

Your energy level is always affected with a tarot reading?

If that happened to me, I'd look at my diet first. For me, carbs earlier in the day will affect my energy levels hours later. I stopped drinking anything with caffeine years ago because the eventual crash was worse than the perk of waking up quickly in the morning.

Grizabella

This has been mentioned tons of times. It's common when we're new because we try so hard to find the right message from the cards and that takes up a lot of energy. Once you're more experienced, you should find that you won't feel exhausted. In fact, you may even feel exhilarated after reading.

SuperTina

Yes, it's only with readings. Diet doesn't seem to affect it. On days I don't read I don't have crashes, highs or lows of energy otherwise. And it doesn't matter what time of day I do the reading. I had a bagel for morning today for example, and I felt fine after the reading. And have not since had any energy drops. I don't drink a lot of caffeine either.

I have been reading for myself for 15 years. Although, I still feel like, and consider myself a newbie, as I always seem to be learning new things! I just recently started reading for family members, as I have lacked confidence for a long time. For the last two months I have been doing a Tarot Tuesday segment for a pagan group I co-admin, just a one-card draw. Like I said, today was first day that I was not drained after it.

So if it's a matter of a newbie thing that goes away with experience, perhaps this is the beginnings to my energy leveling out, or moving towards the exhilarated feeling!

Sometimes I'll meditate before or after a reading, this also doesn't seem to affect the energy drain in either direction.

Thanks for the input everyone!!
I will keep a closer eye on diet, timing, etc., see if there is a correlation I've over looked. Also will keep an eye whether I am trying too hard to come to a meaning or not.