Deviant Moon; The Fool

Winterchild

I see the Venetian setting as relating to the Carnival spirit of the town... and also the darker side.. it has a pretty bloody history. I also thought he look like he had just woken from a dream and was thinking how the hell did I get here and what am I gonna do about it..! he seems to be doing a wee dance in the water to both keep his balance and dodge the hungry fish.... and yet at the same time it's like he is not totally unhappy about being where he is, even if it was a surprise. I can relate to The Fool very strongly.. I love this one as he is very alive! One more thing he reminded me of, on a comic note (loved the Vicar of Dibley reference!!) is the way he is pointing to his head reminds me of Laurel and Hardy...

Hi Moon addicts ;)

What I wonder about is why put The Fool in a Venice (Italy) context, since the main inspiration for the surrounding is from an old manufacture in New-York?
What meaning does it add? I associate Venice with arts, romance, tourism perhaps. Also with the Doges, Saint Marc and recently with flooding.
Any more ideas?

Rafaël

Saphyrlou18

A lemniscate?

Looking at the Fool I noticed something I never did before. the way his upper body is contorted, following the shape of the arms it looks like the infinity symbol. I'm not too sure what meaning it might hold; maybe that with his innocence and passion there are an infinite number of possibilities? If so, maybe the fish is small voice of reason that seeks to temper the spontaneity and say, "that might not be such a good idea" or "don't get too lost in your dreams".