Justice as quint card

Dartellus

Hi!

I'm puzzled about this card in this position.

Justice is, to me, more connected to the truth, but with balance as well.

Maybe, as a quint, is saying that the reading is about balance. Or, saying that the reading is about a choice, that involves being fair with the whole situation.

What you people think?

Thanks for the help!

Farzon

It would definetly depend on what the question was. A quint card can be helpful if the rest of the reading is a bit unclear but you will also have to interpret it in context wroth the reading's topic. Could you tell us the question?

Sulis

The 'quint card' is the quintessence of the whole spread, it's the sum of the other cards so it's meaning completely depends on those cards, on the context, on the question on everything.. It's impossible to say what the quintessence is without knowing all of those things as it's not a stand alone card at all.

jenessa

The 'quint card' is the quintessence of the whole spread, it's the sum of the other cards so it's meaning completely depends on those cards, on the context, on the question on everything.. It's impossible to say what the quintessence is without knowing all of those things as it's not a stand alone card at all.
Agreed!

& Tho I always calculate & consider the quint so as to test my interpretation &/or summarize a reading, i'd never thot to look up the dictionary meaning.

According to online resources Quintessence is defined as: the pure and concentrated essence of a substance; the most typical example or representative of something.

Also: in ancient and medieval philosophy, it can be viewed as the fifth essence or element, ether, which is supposed to be the constituent matter of the heavenly bodies, the others being air, fire, earth, and water.

Dartellus

Hi Farzon, Sulis and Jenessa!

Yeah, i know, the question and the cards are essential to understand the quint card, but this card is showing a lot in quint readings.
Actually, this card appeared in 6 readings so far, but some of these readings are from 2 years ago and i wasn't able to got the meaning in a more precise way in that time. At least two of these old readings i don't remember all the cards. Recently the card appeared again.

Farzon,
In this last reading, it was a relationship reading, a quint about the whole reading, i'm sorry. The whole reading is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=237140

In the next time i'll put the whole reading ;)

Thanks you all for the help!

Farzon

Hi Farzon, Sulis and Jenessa!

Yeah, i know, the question and the cards are essential to understand the quint card, but this card is showing a lot in quint readings.
Actually, this card appeared in 6 readings so far, but some of these readings are from 2 years ago and i wasn't able to got the meaning in a more precise way in that time. At least two of these old readings i don't remember all the cards. Recently the card appeared again.

Farzon,
In this last reading, it was a relationship reading, a quint about the whole reading, i'm sorry. The whole reading is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=237140

In the next time i'll put the whole reading ;)

Thanks you all for the help!
Thanks for the link! Your quint in this special reading is not Justice.... Every answer regarding this reading is better off in the other thread, I guess. I've answered in the other thread! [emoji3]

Sulis

Maybe you should forget about quintessential cards until you're more experienced at reading cards in general... There is usually enough to go on with just the cards in the spread.

In the spread you've linked to, you've calculated the quintessential card incorrectly twice, first as The Hanged Man XII, then as Justice XI or VIII depending on the deck..
It's actually The Chariot VII.

Dartellus

Thanks for the link! Your quint in this special reading is not Justice.... Every answer regarding this reading is better off in the other thread, I guess. I've answered in the other thread! [emoji3]

Hi Farzon!

No, i'm the one that thank you for answering to this and the other thread, specially because of the quint calculation error, i'm sorry.

I'll answer in the other thread about the reading.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Farzon

^ this. Quints can really f*** your readings up. Like every other technique that exists to explain a reading. If you calculate the quint, you also have to look how it fits into the rest of the reading. How the quint card interacts with the other cards. In my experience it mostly shows off what relevance the topic is to your querent. However, I'll give you some general thoughts on Justice....

Balancing things is obvious. I don't like the idea of balance, it can be found in so many cards in different weighs.... we need something more precise. The balance Justice speaks of is a balance of interests. Think of a Judge who has to weigh the motive of the criminals against the law. The strict law against human feelings, the interest of the single individual against the interest of society. In the Justice card we deal with this intellectual balancing. If there is a balance, it is a transient one: a decision had to be made. Also don't forget where the scales originate from: the Egyptian goddess Ma'at who weighs the heart of the dead against a single feather. The scales are not Justice itself, they are simply a tool for decision. The decision is made with the scales and the sword, not with the heart.

Just my first thoughts...

Dartellus

Maybe you should forget about quintessential cards until you're more experienced at reading cards in general... There is usually enough to go on with just the cards in the spread.

In the spread you've linked to, you've calculated the quintessential card incorrectly twice, first as The Hanged Man XII, then as Justice XI or VIII depending on the deck..
It's actually The Chariot VII.

Hi Sulis!

Yeah, i'll stay in the normal readings, until i got more experience...you right.

I tried to calculate the quint looking the number from 1 to 78, following the order of the deck. ¨6 of cups became the card 46, reduced to 10, so i done the same to the other cards. That was my mistake...
But now i got it, i should do that in the interval of 1 to 22, as appears in the cards.

Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for the mistake!