Justice card interpretation

lauren601

Hi everyone! So last night I decided to do a one card spread since I'm still a beginner and I've read this is a great way to get familiar with the cards each day. Anyways I used John Hollands the psychic deck. I asked "how would going to law school make me feel?" and pulled the 'balance' card (usually referred to as 'justice') number 11. I felt out the interpretation myself because I know the answers are within but I did go back and referrence Hollands book as well. He writes:

“The balance card is also being shown to you to make you realize that what you perceive to be happening around you is really an externalization of an inner process or conflict that you may be currently experiencing. This card will often appear if you work in the LEGAL FIELD or when you’re INVOLVED in law-related matters. Have faith that justice will triumph, as justice and karma go hand in hand”.

I couldn't believe it!!! But... recently I was also involved in law related matters (what initially sparked my interest in law) and the basis of the case was proving someone's innocence over false accusations. I guess my question is what now?! Was this card a confirmation of my newfound inclination towards pursuing law OR was it simply a reminder that everything will work out and justice always wins considering I spent the last two weeks investing all this time and energy to try and prove someone’s innocence over false accusations? I know I asked the deck how law school would make me feel but the card is just so scary accurate to my previous situation.

Annalise

I'm not sure, because the question was "how would going to law school make me *feel*?" Well... it answered your question. It would make you feel like you were working in the legal field, lol.

You may need to ask differently if you're wanting guidance.

JDusk

Well, this is an "if _ then _" question, so I wouldn't try to apply the card to your previous situation as you said you were inclined to do. Trying to use the card as an answer to something you didn't ask at all, in my experience, is a sure way to let your personal feelings and biases cloud the reading.

I think Justice here means that going to law school will make you feel more capable of bringing justice, that justice and balance feel more integrated into your life and emotions. It might also feel like "the right thing to do." Thinking of "balance," law school can help you better perceive both sides of a situation, or it might bring a sense of balance into your personal/emotional life. For example, if you have felt you haven't put enough time and effort into your education yet, or if you feel you haven't done enough to help people, going to law school could help you feel more fulfilled in this way, restoring balance.

nisaba

I asked "how would going to law school make me feel?" and pulled the 'balance' card (usually referred to as 'justice') number 11.

Simple! It will, in time, make you feel like a member of the legal profession, an officer of Justice.

Pargatho

It's also important to note that you pulled Justice which is the Major Arcana and the penultimate representation of Justice. There are other cards in the Tarot that represent justice (lower-case j) like the King of Swords or Ace of Swords. But you pulled the Major Arcana. I think that's telling you something right there.