The horse of the knight of swords

Lain_82

For my daily card, today I drew the knight of swords. I'm a very emotional girl so I figured that the best way to understand the message was to meditate with it.

I wont bore you with all the details, (although it was fun, I got to ride a horse and see a battle) just with the fact that, all along, it wasn't the energy of the knight that was capturing my attention, but the horse's.
In my RWS deck, the horse isn't looking up front like I would expect it to. instead, he looks at me or at his rider, and his attitude puzzled me. Why would he be looking at me?????? It made me feel so uneasy, it was one of those questioning looks that drive me nuts. Am I a knight of swords too?

I felt after my meditation that, as independent as the knight thinks he is, the horse is very much an important source of his strenght. After all, he wouldn't cover great distances and charge nearly as well without it. I thought of the horse as the primal idea in the knight's head, his basic drive... (still, the look makes me crazy.)

So, do you have any thoughts on this horse??? Is he a part of the symbolism or just a prop?????

thanks!

Thirteen

What carries the message?

Lain_82 said:
So, do you have any thoughts on this horse??? Is he a part of the symbolism or just a prop?????
Well, of the four Knights, a horse is surely most important to knights that want to go the fastest. Namely Knights of Air and Fire. Ever hear of talking a mile a minute? Or just consider how fast thought occurs?

Furthermore, while the Kinght/Wands might be satified with a charger, the Knight/Swords needs a highly intelligent and clever horse. You don't charge into battle with sword in hand as you would a lance. The Horse has to know how to move; it can't shy away or panic. It has to obey every subtle command to weave you in and out, get you close, help you duck and escape.

It's no wonder the horse is looking at you. Like it's master, this is a horse that has to be intelligent and aware. And I'd think a little about what carries your voice or words to others...like, for example, computers which are very intelligent machines. It is not enough, after all, to communicate. Mode of communication is equally important in making sure that message goes to the right person, and gets there. Is your horse a faithful and intelligent horse? Can you rely on it to help you carry your messages and help you fight your verbal and intellectual battles?

Lain_82

that's very interesting Thirteen.
After reading your final questions, I started to think about the horse as a companion. It's not just about relying on your head alone, but having a foundation that will help you to fight your battles. I think some "knights" lack a good horse, and that cotributes to their mistakes.
A knight needs to trust his horse, to know that it wont let him down, and from that look he seems like a really smart horse, very brave but not reckless, like his rider seems to be at times.

Hannafate

The horse is power, but looks to his rider for direction. Without intelligent direction, the power just crashes around.

Ganaca

" it wasn't the energy of the knight that was capturing my attention, but the horse's

Interesting that you say this Lain.

In the TdM and old styles the "knights" are not about knights at all but about horses and movement and speed and dexterity. The notion of knights is not from the old style; knights existed but they were not on horseback necessrily, they were noblemen first, and not necessarily associated to horses. That came later.
You'll note the TdM "Knights" don't look very noble... even, not like knights at all, except perhaps the knight of swords.

Ganac

ridercheung

First of all, draw a single daily card approach, there is not necessary to complicated methods to explain and to understand the cards. Since
I know you want to use "outbody travel" to understand, and build your unique Tarot World.

one card, have many, many information you can be seen . try to pay more attention about the phase given out from card
it is enough.

you use outbody travel to increase meanings will make you more drug on "what it means".

kez

Knight horses

Here is my take on the Knight Horses, In art the stance of horse tells a lot about the rider,
Horses with all feet on the ground means the rider died of natural causes (Pentacles),
Horse with one foot off the ground means the rider dies as a result of his wounds (Cups)
and the horse with both legs in the air means that the rider died in battle (Wands).

Knight of wands could mean overwhelmed by circumstances
Knight of Cups could mean vulerable in Love
Knight of Pentacles could mean longevity, has much staying power
Knight of swords both ffet in the air but moving forward, you are rash and incaution actions can deliver results in battle.

just my take
kez