T for tree ( hanged man)

poivre

Why is the tree for the hanged man perfect? It's a T.
Did the tree grow perfect this way?

T-
"T at a peak cycle represents reconstruction. This influence creates a sense of restlessness unless ideas are expressed through practical activity that can benefit humanity. Time should not be wasted now idleness tolerated. This is a time to work for better world conditions. It is also a time of spiritual growth.
T as a health factor indicates stress through change or travel."

T is a number 2 letter.

Just thought this was different to think about.

WalesWoman

Ros,
Your quote is interesting, where did it come from? Numerology, astrology and now alphabetology??? It's so amazing how symbols we take forgranted have so many meanings.

poivre

I found the letter T in one of my books. It reminded me of the T on the Hanged Man card.
The T makes sense,
even that T is a number 2 letter.

poivre

Maybe the top of the T tells us that from east to west all around the world people think with their higher self.
The bottom of the T tells that we all have to bring our thoughts down to earth and ground them.
The Hanged Man shows this that universal knowledge is being grounded within, that's why it is a period of transition & a time of patience.
Like being in a sand hourglass. The sand sifts through, settles & then is turned again, such as the cycles of life.

Any other ideas about the T shape of the tree?

Thanks for any replys.

poivre

O.K. for the bottom of the T
Where the T connects,
the bottoms takes and blends the east & west and the north & south together bringing them down to earth.

(didn't want to leave out the north & south)

O.K. now I'm finished.

jentayu

The T have the connection to the God Tyr of the Danes, the warrior god. He sacrified himself to obtain knowledge from the gods and hanged there for about 9 days if I'm not mistaken. At the end of it, he obtained the Runes that were use for divination and other magickal uses.

This card represent sacrifice, same as the God Tyr in his character.

this card have some connection to the Runes and the God Tyr.

Jentayu

temperlyne

In his book, tarot and the journey of the hero, Banzhaf connects the t to the greek letter tau, who's hebraic equivalent thau resembles the framwork in marseille style decks. He considers it the mark of the chosen one, of cain, which ment that a person market by that sign was under the protection of the god.
Also he states that when the world card is put above the hanged man, they form the shape of an ankh. The egyptian symbol of life.

fyreflye

The Hanged Man is sacrificed on the Tree of Life. His right foot is in Kether, his left foot in Chokmah, his left knee in Binah, his right elbow in Netzach, his left elbow in Hod, his Solar Plexus in Tipareth and his illuminated head right down here in Malkut.

Fulgour

fyreflye said:
The Hanged Man is sacrificed on the Tree of Life. His right foot is in Kether, his left foot in Chokmah, his left knee in Binah, his right elbow in Netzach, his left elbow in Hod, his Solar Plexus in Tipareth and his illuminated head right down here in Malkut.
Oddly enough, this would be true of the Colman Smith card,
since we view the model of the Tree of Life as if in reverse.
Head on (so to speak) you've described XII Le Pendu (TdM).