Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

Rhinemaiden

Are these still readily available? When I last went searching for a deck, I couldn't find any affordable ones so decided to wait for the reprint (supposedly coming later this year) since I have the vintage.

I don't know if the USG PCO deck is readily available... I happened on one, bought it and to my delight it was a sealed deck in perfect condition. Color me happy! :D The USG site lists only the book, not the cards. Keep searching... call it a treasure hunt. ;)

garmonbozia

I really like my "vintage" PCO but am afraid to use it much. The card stock is probably able to bear more use than I imagine, but I would still prefer an industrial deck for heavier regular use.

By the way, if anyone is looking for something to store the vintage Playing Card Oracle in, I found the perfect thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250917973880

They fit almost perfectly in one of those. I hate when decks do not come with a tuck box because I then end up spending way too long either searching for or making something appropriate to store them in. I hate tarot bags and I hate the large wooden boxes, so it is really hard to find things that are large enough but not take up excess space. This was a perfect fit.

Bhavana

My 'Key to the Kingdom' deck finally arrived today. Only took three weeks to get to me across the pond from the UK (UK to US shipping is so random, sometimes I get stuff in a week).

I love the deck. I hate the card stock. It seems to be plagued by the same sticky glossy laminate that my Renaissance Tarot is diseased with. Hopefully the cards will get better with use and not stick so much. The cards themselves were still sealed.

This really is a cool little deck and book set. Even cooler that I paid $11 and change including shipping from the UK.

My set was mint, but not sealed - someone had gone thru and possibly used the cards once or twice. No major sticking, so I think with some use, yours will be ok. Isn't it an awesome little deck? And yes, you got an AWESOME price. It's on ebay right now for $99.99. I paid I think $20, which I thought was great, at least until I heard what you paid!

USG Playing Card Oracle deck arrived... I was delighted to discover the cards are the same size as the vintage. The vintage has been re-wrapped in its lovely black ribbon and tucked away. I'll be using the USG PCO deck on a daily basis because it's indestructible.

Went on a playing card buying spree and have 3 new decks coming: Portable Fortitude (thanks, Belinda!), Night Skies (card are black, each features a different constellation) and Bicycle Spectrum... I'm a sucker for Bicycle rainbow decks... this will be my 3rd of that type.

I love that Night Skies deck....and the Portable Fortitude...

Are these still readily available? When I last went searching for a deck, I couldn't find any affordable ones so decided to wait for the reprint (supposedly coming later this year) since I have the vintage.

The PCO from USGames is not that hard to find. I've seen it for all prices, and I paid $15 for mine in brand new condition - so keep looking, there are bargains out there. I don't think it is the deck for everyone, and lots of people get it and then decide to eventually pass it along.

I really like my "vintage" PCO but am afraid to use it much. The card stock is probably able to bear more use than I imagine, but I would still prefer an industrial deck for heavier regular use.

By the way, if anyone is looking for something to store the vintage Playing Card Oracle in, I found the perfect thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250917973880

They fit almost perfectly in one of those. I hate when decks do not come with a tuck box because I then end up spending way too long either searching for or making something appropriate to store them in. I hate tarot bags and I hate the large wooden boxes, so it is really hard to find things that are large enough but not take up excess space. This was a perfect fit.

I too hate tarot bags, I just don't think they are protective enough. I've been wondering myself what a good storage box would be for my vintage deck....I've already dented one of the cards....I don't want to ruin it, but I really like using it. I'm thinking of getting a backup before she stops selling them - which i think she is planning to do once USG puts out the new PCO. And for those of you that are interested, the new PCO will definitely be:
smaller (normal playing card size) and have the
same lamination as the first (glossy). I am not sure about the card backs, or if there will be any new artwork....I heard that there would be, but I also heard that Ana Cortez has a new deck coming out, so that might be where the new artwork will be. I am hoping the card backs will be like the vintage.

garmonbozia

My set was mint, but not sealed - someone had gone thru and possibly used the cards once or twice. No major sticking, so I think with some use, yours will be ok. Isn't it an awesome little deck? And yes, you got an AWESOME price. It's on ebay right now for $99.99. I paid I think $20, which I thought was great, at least until I heard what you paid!

There are several more available in that price range on Amazon: (in case anyone is interested)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0762421371

www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1851459251

garmonbozia

The PCO from USGames is not that hard to find. I've seen it for all prices, and I paid $15 for mine in brand new condition - so keep looking, there are bargains out there. I don't think it is the deck for everyone, and lots of people get it and then decide to eventually pass it along.

I've looked for an affordable copy several times but to no avail. I'll have to keep looking. If you happen to come across another good cheap deck, and if you didn't mind doing so, could you PM me and let me know? Thanks!

Penthasilia

Just received the portable fortitude cards from Etsy and they are gorgeous!

Still waiting for the bag of bones. })

Bhavana

I've looked for an affordable copy several times but to no avail. I'll have to keep looking. If you happen to come across another good cheap deck, and if you didn't mind doing so, could you PM me and let me know? Thanks!

sure I will. You know, I got mine from someone here - our fellow readers and collectors are often where the best deals are. You could try posting that you are looking for the USG version at an affordable price in the tarot trading forum. Every time I have searched for a deck this way, I've found it. (and keep in mind, there is that new USG Playing Card Oracle coming out soon....it will be the same cardstock, just smaller)

Just received the portable fortitude cards from Etsy and they are gorgeous!

Still waiting for the bag of bones. })

Did you see the pictures posted of the Bag of Bones deck a few pages back in this thread?? They look so cool.

Bhavana

Thanks! I just searched the US Games site about a week ago and only found the book (which I already have). Then I emailed them and never got a response.

Is this the reprint deck? Is the first printing the same size as the vintage deck?

Yes, the new USG is the reprint - however, it is smaller. It's the same deck, but it's 2.5"x3.5", playing card size. The first USG deck is the same size as the vintage deck. The vintage might be a teeny tiny bit bigger.

I checked USG a week ago as well, and didn't see it. It's pretty cheap, only $8. I'm going to order today.