Horary DIY

Minderwiz

OK, I'll tell this person the answer is "yes" then.

Did you also check for reception?- that is (preferably) the quesited's significator in one of the dignities of the querent, or the querent's significator in one of the dignities of the quesited's significator or even better a mutual reception between the two significators.

Did you also allow for the context - do these two people know each other, and to what extent? If they are already in something of a relationship then the answer is almost certainly 'Yes'

If they are acquainted but there is a reception between the significators, as well as the trine then the answer is probably yes, (or the relationship will intensify even if it doesn't immediately result in marriage)

If they don't know each other, then things are a bit more problematic. Trine plus reception indicates a good chance of a meeting or contact, resulting in attraction and which might develop, though the querent might have to act to get the ball rolling. If there's no reception at all, or the reception is the querent's significator in a dignity of that of the quesited then what you might have is hope that is strengthening but the feelings are not reciprocated by the quesited.

And of course, remember the golden rule - the stars incline, they do not compel. If the querent takes a yes answer to mean it's inevitable and sits back and waits for the quesited to throw themselves into his/her arms, it's virtually certain nothing will happen - having a favourable situation doesn't make things automatic - the situation has to be exploited by one or other party. They might be desperately in love with one another but if neither of them communicates this to the other then things won't happen!

Ronia

Well, I already said "yes". The worst case scenario is I'll be proven wrong. We'll see how things develop between them... Thanks for the clarification.

Cosmos

I'll always help anyone who calls me "sweets" :) Don't worry about trying to post a graphic chart, just post the time date and place of your chart and most importantly the question you asked.

Please put the date in the format of day, month, year - 2 April 2012 is unambiguous, 02/04/2012 means the same to all but Americans who would see the latter as 4 February 2012. I've got caught with this so often in the past that I now always double check :). Similarly please use 24 hour clock or ensure it's clearly AM or PM. so I don't get the chart 12 hours out :)

Aw you're very sweet indeed :D

Okies, here we go.. The question is: are we going too meet up someday, eventually?

I'm not sure that is a valid question but we have always wanted to meet up and we have been wondering about that a lot for the past few days.. Maybe in the end of the year or early next year. He says he wants to try and make it right but the distance is a big problem, ya know?

1 April 2012
21:12
Rio time zone
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Again, thank you so much for being so kind to try and help me out.

:)

Cosmos

I was looking at the chart and I don't see any aspects btw the main significators.. Which would be Jupiter and Mercury.. Us.

:/

Do you see anything that would work in our favor?

Fezzi

Yes you've got that right. You are signified by Mars, and he is signified by Venus

Haha great! I got the first step right!

Having correctly identified the two significators, your next step is to make a judgement about their strength and ability to act in this situation. Planets in the seventh may have some bearing (if this case only Venus is in the seventh, so that will be considered in your evaluation of Venus). Planets in the fifth are not necessarily relevant here, unless they are or will aspect one or both of the two significators, or unless they aspect the Ascendent/Descendent.

Evaluation of Mars and Venus is two stage:

Firstly evaluate their essential dignity in their current (chart) zodiacal positions

Secondly evaluate their accidental dignity, that really boils down to house placement, their relationship to the Sun (e.g. retrograde or combust), and any aspects from other planets which might be helpful or which might hinder.

Taking essential dignity first, just as a starter, you should be able to identify that Venus is in Taurus, her own sign - so she's strong in essential dignity. Mars on the other hand is in Virgo, which is not a particularly good sign for Mars. Usually Mars would be Peregrine here, that is lacking some clear direction or control, however Mars does have a mutual reception with Mercury, as they are in each others Terms - Mars (you) might have a friend who can help but Terms are not very dignified, so you are the weaker of the two in this situation.

Taking accidental dignity, Mars is well placed in the tenth but that positioon is not as strong as it could be because the cusp is in Leo and Mars is in Virgo. Furthermore, Mars is retrograde, so this adds to the lack of control and direction.

Venus is in it's own house and in the seventh - a strong and self centred position - He is (at the moment) more concerned with his own interests but these don't particularly include
romance.

The next thing to consider is whether there is a change coming - that is will there be an aspect or other link between Mars and Venus, which might bring you two together. There is no aspect forming between Mars and Venus so our first way of identifying a possible coming together offers little hope.

Nor is any other planet in line to aspect Mars and Venus in turn (or be aspected by them in turn), so the second way of predicting a coming together (by way of a third party) does not look promising.

However the Moon acts as your co-significator, and the Moon is applying to Venus by antiscion (see some of the early posts to learn more about this). The coming contact between Moon and Venus offers a real chance of him noticing you

There's no strong reception here (that is one or other significator in a major dignity of the other) so whether this will become a serious relationship is by no means as certain - however the opportunity looks likely to materialise, whether you can develop it into something more is your challenge.

Wow, ok, this is something I'm really going to have to sit down and really pick at to completely understand! I really need a base knowledge of astrology for this, so that's what I'm going to be working on....then I'll pick at it lol But thank you it's a great guide to help me understand!

But yes, your right about everything. He always does notice me, but that's the problem. We've been going through this cycle for 2 years, he notices me, we make plans together, then he just gets scared and I don't hear from him for a few months lol. This time he's been gone for about 6 months. He recently came back into my life, again, and said he wants to spend time with me....but at this point I want nothing to do with him unless he wants to get serious. So I can see there being an opportunity, but it's really up to him on what he wants to do, it's out of my control. So, mars (me) in retrograde, could that be saying just that? That things are out of my control?

Minderwiz

Thanks for the background. On the basis of what you say, I can add two further points. Venus (him) in in the Terms of Mars (you), so he has some interest in you. However this is not a strong reception, so I wouldn't say he's really as keen as he says he is. I'm not saying he's lying - he might well just be keen at the moment but not in any permanent way or keen on the idea rather than the substance of a relationship.

The other which mildly concerned me at the time was that Mars (you) in in the Fall of Venus (which is Virgo, the opposite sign to its exaltation in Pisces). If you were the person pursuing the relationship, then that could indicate simply that you are putting yourself in a vulnerable position but given your statement above, it's more likely to reflect your desire to have nothing to do with him at the moment (for the reasons you have explained).

I think you're right to be cautious here. If he really is serious he has to make more effort than he has done up to now and he's going to have to work hard to convince you that he's not going to disappear again (into his own world).

On the additional reading, Horary is different from modern Astrology, so if you're looking for a book have a look at the texts in the recommeded reading thread. You'll also find a lot or material and resources on Skyscript ( http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ )

Fezzi

Thanks for the background. On the basis of what you say, I can add two further points. Venus (him) in in the Terms of Mars (you), so he has some interest in you. However this is not a strong reception, so I wouldn't say he's really as keen as he says he is. I'm not saying he's lying - he might well just be keen at the moment but not in any permanent way or keen on the idea rather than the substance of a relationship.

So, by reception...is that how these two planets react? But yeah, I think he's sincere in the moment, until he actually thinks about it. I think the big issue is that he wants me in his world, he doesn't want to integrate our two worlds together...he's just not ready for it.

The other which mildly concerned me at the time was that Mars (you) in in the Fall of Venus (which is Virgo, the opposite sign to its exaltation in Pisces). If you were the person pursuing the relationship, then that could indicate simply that you are putting yourself in a vulnerable position but given your statement above, it's more likely to reflect your desire to have nothing to do with him at the moment (for the reasons you have explained).

Actually, is it possible it could be both? I'm actually in a relationship now that just terrible but dont have the financial means to leave so yes, i'm pretty valnerable. Not sure if that's the hold up or if it even matters. But at the same time I really don't want anything to do with him if were just going to go in the same circle we always do.

I think you're right to be cautious here. If he really is serious he has to make more effort than he has done up to now and he's going to have to work hard to convince you that he's not going to disappear again (into his own world).

On the additional reading, Horary is different from modern Astrology, so if you're looking for a book have a look at the texts in the recommeded reading thread. You'll also find a lot or material and resources on Skyscript ( http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ )

He actually puts in a lot of effort....he just needs to work on following through to the next step.

I've already started browsing skyscript, great site so far! Very helpful! Thank you! :)

Cosmos

Hey Minderwiz!

You know I was thinking maybe I asked the wrong question, should I cast another chart asking should I meet this guy, will it work out btw us if we tried to be together? Something along those lines, what do you think? Let me know, please :)

Thanks in advance.

Minderwiz

Hey Minderwiz!

You know I was thinking maybe I asked the wrong question, should I cast another chart asking should I meet this guy, will it work out btw us if we tried to be together? Something along those lines, what do you think? Let me know, please :)

Thanks in advance.

Your first question was not limited enough in terms of time frame - 'eventually' could mean any time in the next 60 years or so. A better period is between 3 months and a year depending on the circumstances.

'Will I meet him this year?'is a reasonable question, as is 'Should I meet him?' which carries an element of decision or choice on your part. 'Will it work out between us?' is similarly also a reasonable question, though it implies that the meeting will take place.

Go for what you really want to ask, and try to keep it as simple as possible in terms of a question - no 'ifs', 'buts' or 'ands' if you can possible help it. There's nothing stopping you asking supplementary questions - 'Will I meet him this year?' followed up by a second question such as 'Will we have a relationship?' which is asked if the answer to the first question is 'Yes'

Have a think about your question and then cast a chart only when you are sure you have the question that you want to ask. Don't worry if that takes a day or so, or even longer. What matters is that you feel that your question is the right one.

When you have the question and the chart, then post again and we'll have a look at it.

Cosmos

Your first question was not limited enough in terms of time frame - 'eventually' could mean any time in the next 60 years or so. A better period is between 3 months and a year depending on the circumstances.

'Will I meet him this year?'is a reasonable question, as is 'Should I meet him?' which carries an element of decision or choice on your part. 'Will it work out between us?' is similarly also a reasonable question, though it implies that the meeting will take place.

Go for what you really want to ask, and try to keep it as simple as possible in terms of a question - no 'ifs', 'buts' or 'ands' if you can possible help it. There's nothing stopping you asking supplementary questions - 'Will I meet him this year?' followed up by a second question such as 'Will we have a relationship?' which is asked if the answer to the first question is 'Yes'

Have a think about your question and then cast a chart only when you are sure you have the question that you want to ask. Don't worry if that takes a day or so, or even longer. What matters is that you feel that your question is the right one.

When you have the question and the chart, then post again and we'll have a look at it.

Hey!

You are absolutely right. I'm going to think about my question and cast a chart when I'm good and ready. :D

Is it normal to get anxious though? lol