TOADies Anonymous.

Michellehihi

Well, I think that I have enough decks of cards; then, yes, I could be tempted to buy a few other decks in the future, but more likely I am going to learn more concerning those that I already have, and so to end my little collection.

Okay, I unsubscribe from the "TOADies Anonymous"? :D

we all say that at some point, and then....

Tanga

Okay, I unsubscribe from the "TOADies Anonymous"? :D

I don't think so. (in my case anyways).

I fell off the wagon - because I just HAD to buy the deck my friend made.
I walked into the shop where he works before Xmas, saw a new deck in the cabinet and said to him -
"!!! I've never seen that deck before??..." *Spok Eyebrow Raised*.
Such a dark horse - he didn't tell anyone he was making one.

But otherwise - I have 3 other new decks - all gifted to me by someone else - 2 for Yule/Xmas, and 1 for my birthday this month, which won't arrive until March.
Lol.
I've used a 7 of Swords principle, and had someone else buy them for me. :angel:

...my preciousssssssssss

I am almost too ashamed to even show my face around here. I have Deck of the Bastard on the way and have just totally shocked myself by realising I have FIVE preorder /kickstarter decks to come at various points next year. I've been on a panic buying binge as next year I'm not allowing myself much at all. I think there's something wrong with me.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'm jealous if it's The Red Deck...

Really not proud of myself. I am selling many decks because I want to reduce my collection and I just bought the Tarot of the Holy Light kit.....

You won't regret that one. I promise.

...I'm rationalizing most of these purchases that I'm a historical preservationist.

:joke: :joke:

Called into Global Tribe in Leeds yesterday, which is primarily a crystals shop, but they sell books and ornaments and some witchy accessories. I tried not to be excited to see they had expanded their Tarot and oracles selection, as I am sworn off any more acquisitions...
Crystal Tarot and a Margarete Peterson.
...The only more bizarre thing about this is that I came home with the MP. I don't know why�� I mean I have no idea if I will EVER be able to read with this deck and it's never been on my wishlist. There is no hope for me �� I need rehab not TOADies.

...What is a Margaret Peterson... *goes to look - but NOT touch*

earthair

I've only bought 2 decks this year.

Yup, in 2017 I've already bought 2. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

starlightexp

Somehow I have entered a zen state with my collection. After about 12 years of buying, selling, trading. Things exploding to almost 350 decks and down to under 100. Now I have just around 120 decks. I feel like it's a perfect size. I love all the decks I have and I feel rather protective of them and take a long time in thinking about adding decks. I'll be bringing in Eros this year but so many decks are derivatives of decks I already have that I'm not adding much more.

rylla

Somehow I have entered a zen state with my collection. After about 12 years of buying, selling, trading. Things exploding to almost 350 decks and down to under 100. Now I have just around 120 decks. I feel like it's a perfect size. I love all the decks I have and I feel rather protective of them and take a long time in thinking about adding decks. I'll be bringing in Eros this year but so many decks are derivatives of decks I already have that I'm not adding much more.

Congrat. that you've got to this result. This is my goal too! I'm struggling to get there for about 2-3 years but somehow the # of decks that I have doesn't change. I have too many that I won't use ever. I am trying to focus on not to buy decks that are derivatives of decks I already have, as you said above. But it's not easy :) So TOADIES is for me! :(

Sphynx131

I was doing well until I won in the tarot subscriber competition. Got my second choice so naturally just had to go search on Amazon for the other, just to see. Which led to "that's a great price {adds to cart}, and oh look what they've suggested for me, and it's a great price too {adds to cart} [emoji17] BUT I am justifying by thinking I just got 3 decks for the price of one, so I'm ahead of the game lmao

Michellehihi

Today, I failed. After LeFanu praised the Distant Past, I bought it. Then, while being on etsy, I said why not buy some unique oracle decks: but 3 of them.
Then, go search why, I remembered that Nisaba likes her Lebanese Tarot. So I had to have one. And I found one (at a few hundreds of dollars....)

decan

For the moment I feel peaceful, no urge of greed with regard to a new deck. Well, I think that I am saved and cured.
What a relief! :D

CharlotteK

For the moment I feel peaceful, no urge of greed with regard to a new deck. Well, I think that I am saved and cured.
What a relief! :D
Congratulations decan! For me, I have the feeling I get when I've eaten too much chocolate. So I've got no acquisition urges either! I binged and now feel I really overindulged. I can't say I'm cured though, I'm sure the cravings will return at some point. But for now, I've got more than enough to work with and I'm happy with that.