Collaborative Spread Creation #8 - The Hunger Games

Amanda

I wanted to, but that's a borderline spoiler XD I'm very careful about my spoilers.

Yeah, maybe I should edit my post. :D I do like that quote that comes later though about fragility.

Amanda

I saw the movie, and am sorely disappointed. Re-reading the book now. If I was the author, I'd be pissed at the butchery presented to the world.

KMilliron

I saw the movie, and am sorely disappointed. Re-reading the book now. If I was the author, I'd be pissed at the butchery presented to the world.

I loved it! :D And I'm usually picky. Suzanne Collins is actually one of the movie's producers. Honestly, someone could watch the movie and discuss it with die hard book fans and not get lost at all. As for this spread, you could base the spread off of the movie and only need minor tweaks to have it apply to the book, if that.

Amanda

I loved it! :D And I'm usually picky. Suzanne Collins is actually one of the movie's producers. Honestly, someone could watch the movie and discuss it with die hard book fans and not get lost at all. As for this spread, you could base the spread off of the movie and only need minor tweaks to have it apply to the book, if that.

I think it would be easier to make a spread off the movie... maybe if I hadn't read the book first I'd like it more. The movie cut out a lot of her daily interactions with people from around District 12 that I think were pertinent to establish the lack of perspective she had on herself. And just... a lot of the things I really, really liked were cut... like Haymitch falling into his own pile of vomit, and the big meal Katniss and Peeta get in a parachute while they're in the cave to show how Katniss and Haymitch were connecting without being able to communicate any other way..

KMilliron

I think it would be easier to make a spread off the movie... maybe if I hadn't read the book first I'd like it more. The movie cut out a lot of her daily interactions with people from around District 12 that I think were pertinent to establish the lack of perspective she had on herself. And just... a lot of the things I really, really liked were cut... like Haymitch falling into his own pile of vomit, and the big meal Katniss and Peeta get in a parachute while they're in the cave to show how Katniss and Haymitch were connecting without being able to communicate any other way..

I acknowledge that those things were gone, but movies cost a lot mroe to make, and people don't like longer movies due to a lack of attention span. I think it would be easier to make a spread off of the movie, because like all movies, it's simplified. I personally would make a spread from the book, mainly because of the depth that you seem to miss so dearly ;D

BornRoyal

I went ahead and made a go at it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/5vc5cp.png

1 - "Primrose Everdeen."
The situation at hand. Take caution when the Hanged Man is drawn, as it can represent a more dire situation than normal.
2 - "I volunteer as tribute!"
This is what will come to aide you in your situation. If a court card is drawn, this person will play a major role.
3 - "Will you wear this?"
This represents what you already know about your situation.
4 - "You're the best hunter I know."
What you have at your disposal, in the form of a skill or talent
5 - "Stay alive."
A particular way your skill or talent may be used, a possible outcome.
6 - "We can't stand a whiner."
Endevours you will have to face.
7 - "The girl who was on fire."
What to look out for in order to identify the situation.
8 - "The effect she can have."
The lasting effects the situation will have.
9 - "...for all I know, I am killing you."
Possible negative outcome.
10 - "Then we won, Katniss."
Possible positive outcome.

rwcarter

I couldn't access the pic in BornRoyal's post last night from home, so I am attaching a jpg of the image to this message.

Attachments

• 5vc5cp.jpg
    5vc5cp.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 125

Amanda

BornRoyal - I really like the spread! And thank you Rodney for uploading the card layout. I may give it a go later when I have more time. :)

Dogs&Coffee

I've got a good Cornucopia spread. I'll make a pdf today and post it.