Collaborative Spread Creation #11 - Camping Trip

rwcarter

I am 64, camp with my horse every chance i get, but this season, I am hoping to rent a spot for the whole season at one campground. My husband stays at home and i plan to be gone alot this summer, especially at the campground where i hope to get a seasonal spot.

My concerns are +/-, good bad and ugly, things needed to be done/known as a lone camper with a seasonal spot. The grounds have 24 hour couple living there. But i need to know about safety etc. and i don't know how to ask it, and i would rather it not be longer than 5 cards. it doesn't matter if there is a significator (i hope thats the right word) or not. I still haven't mastered reading anything larger than 5 and sometimes i find that hard.

I have been worrying about a spread for this. So glad I found this thread.

I know you want 5 cards or less, but you've listed more than 5 things you want to know:

• positive
  • negative
  • good
  • bad
  • ugly
  • things to be done
  • things to know
  • safety
Even if we combined good/bad/ugly as a single position, that's still 6 cards.

Let me think about this some more.

And since this is a reboot of the collaborative effort, anyone is welcome to participate and suggest positions or even whole spreads. Many good spreads may come out of a single collaborative effort.

Rodney

rwcarter

Two possible positions are:
best possible outcome/worst possible outcome
best thing that could happen/worst thing that could happen

The things to be done could be covered by:
thing(s) not to forget

Rodney

Luna's Crone

That really sounds good.

What i had be trying to do was come up with the questions that all fit under the good the bad and the ugly.

the good and bad are everyday things that happen, the ugly is can my knife, two machettes, (i am adding a new one that is similar to a scythe that can easily be used in my trailer) and a gun handle possible uglies. its really not safe to camp alone even tho i do it alot. but if i spend alot of time at one place, word gets around and even if i am gonna be 65 this summer, age doesn't seem to matter.

thats why i wrote good bad and ugly, the good and bad can be comebine, the ugly is an issue all its own and abour attack and protection.

i think i should have been more clear. but was still dealing with depression then and had no energy to think

rwcarter

OK. Well, I think we have our spread title - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

Good - best possible outcome
Bad - something unexpected
Ugly - worst thing that's likely to happen
......- what you should do to prepare for it
......- what you should not forget to do

Does that better cover what you're wanting? I've tried to keep the spread positions general.

Rodney

Luna's Crone

Yes Rodney. It does. that will give me some time to work on it. I won't start camping till next month. This a wonderful old time old fashion March (kinda makes you wish there is no climate change) and its not safe to ride when winds start to get high and have gusts.

Is it alright if i need help to read that you help me? i cannot for the life of me read for myself.

Jo Ann

rwcarter

Do you care at all about spread layouts? I have an idea or two, but I'm not 100% happy with them.

Luna's Crone

Do you care at all about spread layouts? I have an idea or two, but I'm not 100% happy with them.

my thing is i pick a card and lay it down until they are all picked. I am just learning the CC in newbies reading in the reading circle to relate to cards and how their place in the spread works.

let me see your ideas. I do need help in this area.

rwcarter

If we assign the spread positions as:
1) Good - best possible outcome
2) Bad - something unexpected
3) Ugly - worst thing that's likely to happen
4) Ugly - what you should do to prepare for it
5) Ugly- what you should not forget to do

then depending on what you want to focus on, the cards could be laid out in different ways. (The dots are just spacers as the forum automatically strips out multiple blank spaces.)

.... 1 ....
.... 2 ....
3 . 4 . 5
This spread has the Ugly as the basis/foundation and the Good at the top/pinnacle.

3 . 4 . 5
.... 2 ....
.... 1 ....
If you fear the Ugly will outweigh the Good, then you can arrange the cards as above.

4 ... 2 ... 1
If you want to try to put the Ugly behind you so you can focus on the Good, this layout would suggest that.

Position 4 is the central position within the Ugly and interacts most directly with the Good and the Bad. So you can switch positions 3, 4 and 5 around so that 4 contains whichever Ugly aspect you'd want to most directly interact with the Good and the Bad.

Again, I'm not 100% happy with any of those layouts. Does one of them speak to you?

Rodney

Luna's Crone

If we assign the spread positions as:
1) Good - best possible outcome
2) Bad - something unexpected
3) Ugly - worst thing that's likely to happen
4) Ugly - what you should do to prepare for it
5) Ugly- what you should not forget to do

then depending on what you want to focus on, the cards could be laid out in different ways. (The dots are just spacers as the forum automatically strips out multiple blank spaces.)

.... 1 ....
.... 2 ....
3 . 4 . 5
This spread has the Ugly as the basis/foundation and the Good at the top/pinnacle.

3 . 4 . 5
.... 2 ....
.... 1 ....
If you fear the Ugly will outweigh the Good, then you can arrange the cards as above.

4 ... 2 ... 1
If you want to try to put the Ugly behind you so you can focus on the Good, this layout would suggest that.

Position 4 is the central position within the Ugly and interacts most directly with the Good and the Bad. So you can switch positions 3, 4 and 5 around so that 4 contains whichever Ugly aspect you'd want to most directly interact with the Good and the Bad.

Again, I'm not 100% happy with any of those layouts. Does one of them speak to you?

Rodney

The bottom one does somewhat, because 3-5 are not in a dominant place. do you know what i mean??? will give a try.

thank you.

rwcarter

The bottom one does somewhat, because 3-5 are not in a dominant place. do you know what i mean??? will give a try.

thank you.
In that case, you can rearrange the cards to look more like: