9 of Cups: Wish Granted?

BlueSun

Once I asked the cards: "Will God grant me this wish?" Then a 9 of cups card came up. That is the "wish fulfilled" card. So would it be pretty safe to assume the answer is: Yes, God will grant this wish?

CrystalSeas

Once I asked the cards: "Will God grant me this wish?" Then a 9 of cups card came up. That is the "wish fulfilled" card. So would it be pretty safe to assume the answer is: Yes, God will grant this wish?

That question is one that the Tarot is pretty poor at answering. It is a yes/no question. Especially if you only drew one card, it's difficult to understand all the nuances of the answer.

The 9 of Cups is an indication that your life will be satisfying and full of good things. It does not usually speak to whether a specific wish will or will not come true. Alternatively, it speaks to getting what you *think* you want, rather than what is in your best interest.

It might give you more clarity if you ask "how can I achieve (the wish)?" and use a larger spread instead of waiting for the universe to drop something in your path that may turn out to be exactly what you asked for and not at all a good thing in your life.

BeyondtheVeil

BlueSun

Yes..this card is the Wish Fulfilled Card. It is also the "Be careful what you wish for card". I have had this come up several times for both of those answers. If you aren't emotionally invested in wanting a yes and have not repeatedly asked the cards the same question over and over...then it would be safe to trust your intuition.

Hope that helps!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

A Mod can delete it. In the meantime you can edit the post to remove the words. Add *** until you can post.

We've all done it, no worries! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

(sorry but for some reason this post ended up here instead of where I wanted it to go). So it's probably off topic. But is is about yes or no questions). Maybe a mod can delete it? Thx

When a yes or no question comes up, if I change the question they tend to say to me "OK is that a yes or no"? Before I even pull the cards I explain there is a lot of grey area between yes or no and I will pull the cards and tell them what the cards say. I can usually come to a conclusion if the reading is leaning towards a yes or no. Sometimes they don't say yes or no because of this or that. Sometimes they say maybe because of this or that. I can't promise a yes or no and if I can't, I have the cards to tell me why and how to decide. My record has been pretty good. But I have been known to tell them don't let the cards tell you how to live,. If it's that important to you take control and tell yourself how to live and what you want. Just because the cards suggest he doesn't love you, don't let that stop you from trying to pursue him. If it doesn't work out I can only say "I told you so". If I'm wrong I'm very happy for you. (the future is never over until you die, so there is a possibility it still could happen). I think sometimes as tarot readers we care about the advice we give and don't want to be wrong or screw up someone's life because after all that is really why we enjoy reading for people. To help them and give them good advice and hope. I don't really know if he loves you or not. But these cards here and now at this time in the universe are telling me this or that. When people ask a question, that question is just a summary of what they really want to know. (unless you get someone that can't shut up) The more information you give them is actually appreciated and they have more to think about and usually they end up deciding them selves if he really loves them or not.

LeFou

That's such a great question. To me, it seems very favorable.

But over and above that, maybe your wish is (in a sense) already granted, because you care so much about this wish, and just caring so much means that you're living, you're alive. And being so alive, you're helping others to be alive as well.

I hope you get your wish!

BlueSun

I'm new here, so I don't know how to "quote" and reply. Do you just highlight and paste on this window?

Anyway,

CrystalSeas: I can't ask how can I make this wish come true myself because it is something I truly have no control over. Nothing I can do.

BeyondtheVeil: Of course I am emotionally invested, otherwise I wouldn't be asking for the wish. Would this throw the results off?

Also, if the cards want me to actually do something, it'd probably give me a card that would at least hint at something that I should do, ie. 8 of coins (to work hard), etc.

When I got this card, my feeling was: "God heard you. Wish granted."

LeFou: Thank you.

I will let you all know if the wish is actually granted. It would take some time for this story to unfold.

BeyondtheVeil

BlueSun

BeyondtheVeil: Of course I am emotionally invested, otherwise I wouldn't be asking for the wish. Would this throw the results off?

When I got this card, my feeling was: "God heard you. Wish granted."

I will let you all know if the wish is actually granted. It would take some time for this story to unfold.

Yes, it can throw them off if you are obsessed with asking and reasking the cards over and over if the wish will come true. That is what I meant about emotionally invested. More obsessed with doing readings, or asking for readings, when you didn't immediately get the answer you wanted.

I believe in intuition, so yes...if you didn't repeatedly ask and reask the question to the cards to get the answer that you want then trust your gut! :heart:

We look forward to your update! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Thirteen

Moderator Note: How to Quote and Give Good Feedback

I'm new here, so I don't know how to "quote" and reply. Do you just highlight and paste on this window?
RE: Quoting: Greetings, BlueSun, and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. In the lower right-hand corner of each post you'll see a "quote" button. Hit that if you wish to reply-quote to a person. You'll get the entire quote, but can, of course, edit it down to the relevant parts.

You will also see, in the lower right hand corner of each post, a little "speaking" person icon. If you click on that icon box in each post you want to quote, then click on "quote" in the last one, you'll get a multi-quote reply. Thus allowing you to reply to many in one post rather than having to reply to each one in a separate post.

One Card Draw?: By the way, we sent you a pm asking if this was the only card you pulled in answer to this question. Was it, or was this card one out of a larger reading? We don't want to know what other cards were if this was a bigger reading, just if this was a one-card draw or not.

Giving Good Feedback: This new thread is a card from a reading and as such needs to follow UTC and YR rules on feedback (I will provide links below to the rules for both forums; if you haven't already, please give both a read). While your replies of what happened or is happing are useful, we ask that you also discuss with each poster what you think of what they said about the 9/Cups. You don't have to agree with their interpretation, but was it helpful to you in expanding your view of this card and what it could mean? Readers do get gut feelings, as you say you did, but sometimes those are like a picture flashing in our heads. We may have missed the details, and discussions like this can help us remember all we saw, not just the big bright parts—what was hiding in the shadows, what wasn't clear. Other interpretations can expand, aid, deepen or sharpen our understanding.

If any of these posts did that, please let the poster know that it did and how. AT is a learning forum and that goes both ways. Posters try to help you learn more about the 9/Cups, and your feedback helps them to learn more as well.

Rules for posting in the Using Tarot Cards Forum and for the Your Readings Forum:
UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

Thank you and, once again, welcome to the forum,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

BlueSun

One Card Draw?: By the way, we sent you a pm asking if this was the only card you pulled in answer to this question. Was it, or was this card one out of a larger reading? We don't want to know what other cards were if this was a bigger reading, just if this was a one-card draw or not.

Ok, I remember now. It was a 3 card draw, read straight (not past, present, future). RW deck. I asked if God would grant me that wish.