7 of Cups, Moon as a path?

IndigoWaves

I did wonder that - if the "path" cards were trying to tell me that the clients feelings were causing me to pull cards based on her self delusion.
What I meant was that even when applicable cards are pulled, their meanings can be misread, e.g. cast in an overly rosy glow or incorrectly "slanted"... As Ruby Jewel points out, though, we can't interpret the other cards until you do... BUT if you want to keep this thread in the 'Using Tarot Cards' sub-forum, you can only mention up to half of the cards drawn for this reading: any more than that must be deleted. (You can start a new thread in 'Your Readings' to discuss them all, or have this one moved there, if you prefer.) A moderator can help you out. :) Using Tarot Cards Posting Rules.

Annalise

What I meant was that even when applicable cards are pulled, their meanings can be misread, e.g. cast in an overly rosy glow or incorrectly "slanted"... As Ruby Jewel points out, though, we can't interpret the other cards until you do... BUT if you want to keep this thread in the 'Using Tarot Cards' sub-forum, you can only mention up to half of the cards drawn for this reading: any more than that must be deleted. (You can start a new thread in 'Your Readings' to discuss them all, or have this one moved there, if you prefer.) A moderator can help you out. :) Using Tarot Cards Posting Rules.

Oh, sorry about that! Half? There were 10 cards if you count clarifiers, and we've talked about 2 and I've been asked to interpret 2 more - I think we're good unless we go into clarifiers... Uhhhmmmm.... How bout I talk about the two I mentioned and then we can decide?

I was thinking that the 2 of cups for present represented that there were some blossoming mutual feelings between the two of them, and that the 3 of Pentacles indicated progression, because of the move sequentially from 2 to 3, and maybe something more concrete and solid, because of the pentacles instead of further cups.

Annalise

I always think of cups as lovey dovey but also maybe a little fanciful and could indicate daydreams, and pentacles as like, real solid actual stuff.

IndigoWaves

I always think of cups as lovey dovey but also maybe a little fanciful and could indicate daydreams, and pentacles as like, real solid actual stuff.
On the surface, the 3 of Pents does seem to suggest "potential", like working towards commitment or a deeper, more stabilized connection, but it often describes a relationship which has been Friend-Zoned or otherwise capped by a critical person. Even with a solid base, things won't progress if someone decides that things are best kept as they are, for whatever reasons (often of a practical nature and/or involving a third party) -- unwilling to move beyond the current state of affairs... And as an inherently collaborative effort, it only takes one person to prevent further developments sought by another, no matter how the latter may try to push forward.

So, querents who seek romance, passion and/or greater emotional involvement often wind up disappointed when this card appears: Chances are, things are being kept very tame... The person who wishes to forge ahead with feelings, desire and compelling dreams can find it painfully impossible to break through any sensible/real-world limits imposed by the other(s) involved in this scenario. Though the dreamer's love may keep living on in fantasy, the shift of that energy into reality may very well never occur in this case.