playing 6.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 173
  • playing 7.jpg
    playing 7.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 174

Shade

Yep, it has knights.

baconwaffles

Beautiful just beautiful, if only I could afford this first limited run... and the pips are perfect.

Shade

One more image posted by Caitlín Matthews.

Attachments

• playing 8.jpg
    playing 8.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 176

baconwaffles

Have they been listed for sale yet?
Oh no, he put on facebook that he is going to do a limited edition handpainted run, by this summer I believe. Then around 2018 we should expect a mass produced one, much like his maybe lenorman. The limited edition run is going to be more than $100.

ryanofspades

Many thanks to Shade! I appreciate the share since I don't make it to the forums as often as I'd like.

The prototypes shared in the previews are not final. I'm still working to clean up a few things before release, revisit pip details and whatnot, color as well. But we're nearly there. (Andrew from the Hermit's Lamp also have a video review if you follow his things). Those who got early copies have also given me personal feedback to make for the final edit, which was the goal.

It's obviously intentional here, but when I got that sort of thing in my own watercolor painting it was because my brush control was poor, resulting in some "bleeding." To me it comes across as informal, even a bit "primitive."

I totally get that, and why I was originally on the fence about the approach. Others had asked for it specifically, preferring the ambiguity the free-flow offers. I may be giving the customer the choice between more restrained versus more gestural paint strokes. Although even the 'restrained' ones will have a little coloring outside the lines here and there, hopefully adding to the personalized charm.

Thanks for that, Shade. Much more in keeping with the tradition. So much a part of it that I couldn't really notice it. I'm so used to my Marseilles decks being like that!

Yes! As much as I love reconstructions like the Flornoy and CBD packs, I ended up leaning on something that felt like an old printing.

For those asking about orders, **Pre-orders will open on April 4th, and the first orders will start shipping in May** I have a 'News Signup' on my site for those who want an email as soon as orders are live. I don't think I can share my own links on AT.

Thanks again for the interest, everybody!

Shade

Since adult coloring books are all the rage at the moment - would you ever consider creating one of the majors or majors and courts?

ryanofspades

Since adult coloring books are all the rage at the moment - would you ever consider creating one of the majors or majors and courts?

I have, actually! Unsure if it'll go anywhere, though. I haven't signed with a publisher yet, but that may be a factor regarding rights. I also want to make sure the idea is Kosher with good friends who've also done coloring books. Don't want to step on toes or be another copycat.

however, it would be a neat way to call attention to many of the details and folklore hidden in the Marseille's simplicity.