Full Moon - Anyone Recharging?

St1ckyBum

Tonight is the Wolf Moon...I believe 11:53 for those of us on the EST. Anyone else have their cards outside charging?

I have a new deck I am charging tonight and have flipped through each card in the moonlight then fanned out so at least part of each card absorbs the light. I also have an old deck just fanned as well. I will leave these out for a couple hours.

If you charge, how often do you do it and what is your method? Do you do it during kther moon phases?

closerwalking

great idea, thanks for posting this!

astronautica

I've never charged my cards by moonlight but that sounds like a good way to do it! I think the frequency of charging comes down to what feels right to you. I think it's a nice way to bring the observance of the lunar cycles into your tarot practice, and perhaps make a little ritual out of it. I'm a little hesitant to try tonight because it has been raining all day, but I will leave my crystals on the balcony to soak up the moonbeams that can break through the cloud cover.

I plan to do a tarot reading tonight to look at how I can make use the influence of the full moon in Cancer over the coming month, and I did a big clean of the house this morning to make the most of the crab's domestic energies haha.

Tanga

Tonight is the Wolf Moon...I believe 11:53 for those of us on the EST. Anyone else have their cards outside charging?

I have a new deck I am charging tonight and have flipped through each card in the moonlight then fanned out so at least part of each card absorbs the light. I also have an old deck just fanned as well. I will leave these out for a couple hours.

If you charge, how often do you do it and what is your method? Do you do it during kther moon phases?

Outside? - No. But inside, on the windowsill in the moonlight - (which also happens to be my Earth Altar) - yes. :) and I'll usually use all 3 days (day before, full moon day and day after).
I have no set plan. Do it when I feel like it - or, if I have a Tarot ritual planned, I might charge the chosen deck in this way as this then mentally forms part of my 'gear-up' for the ritual (and if the full moon happens to be up-close to when I'm planning the ritual).
I've not done 'charging' at other phase times. But do occasionally think if I'm doing a 'banishing' thing - I could use the waning-to-dark moon.
Though - I've not banished in years, apart from clearing my own 'personal space' - or my therapeutic space - and these things now take just a thought or quick gesture - unless I'm in the mood for much 'rigmarole', as I call it, (and able to make the noise because there's no-one in the house) - then I might take out my gong, tibetan bowls, tingshahs etc.

nisaba

I haven't noticed my cards going flat and becoming in need of charging.

celticnoodle

I'm like Tanga. However, I didn't realize it was a full moon, because its been so overcast and cloudy here lately. the usual 'winter' weather. plus, as it is bitter cold (negative F digits with windchill) and snowing--if I do put anything out for mooncharging--it'll have to go on our window sill. I'd love to do my crystals, but I also fear something happening to them. Perhaps I'm safer with only my cards on the sill.

astraltraveler

I love putting my cards out in the moon for charging, and pretty much anything else that's special to me. I've always enjoyed working with the moon. Never outside, though...otherwise whatever I put out there would be a chew toy. ;)

Grizabella

I've never charged a deck. I've never felt the need to.

danieljuk

I use full moon's (and after suggestions on AT sometimes sunny summers days) to charge my crystals with energy in a cleansing way. I sometimes put some tarot / oracle cards out with them. Just to soak up some energy or maybe cleanse them.

Some Full Moons are not nice to us astrologically, this January Full Moon was very angry for my star sign (Taurus) and so I would look for a 'nice' Full Moon to my recharging of my items. But then you could argue, are the objects bound by your star sign? I think it's something to experiment in and see if it improves the cards or not :) This is a "whatever works for you" topic in my view but I do it at least once a year, not every month :) Especially with super moons and nice moons for my birth chart :thumbsup:

Sirena84

I always keep a moon stone above my tarot deck.. And I charge my moon stone every full moon.. But I may try this charging the cards directly by the full moon.. thanks for the suggestion :)