How Do You Shuffle Your Decks? Poll

How do you shuffle your decks?

• Total voters

kduphily

I voted other because I do all of them depending on the deck

PathWalker

Overhand.
Because like my knitting technique (was under discussion elsewhere recently) it's how I learnt as a kid and I'm too old to care about changing now :)

earthair

All of the above, if the last person to touch a deck was the client I'll swirl them around a table for a while, riffle+bridge at least 3 times and then over and under shuffle until they settle down, then cut once.

If the last person was me, then just a few r+bs and a cut.

Kees

I'll riffle normal playing cards sometimes, but it bends the cards and I worry about that with my tarot cards. I alternate between a light-handed weave and overhand, with some cuts and other card-pulling put in. Just whatever it takes to make it feel like the deck is good and mixed.

Thunderbird

I like to shuffle overhand with a riffle here and there.

Grizabella

I didn't vote because I riffle and I also shuffle overhand sometimes. Since it's only possible to vote for one method, I just thought I'd leave that part and just post here. I riffle if a deck is easy to riffle but if it's not, I overhand. Usually it's the smaller decks that I overhand.

Morwenna

Too bad the poll didn't allow for combinations. I mainly shuffle overhand, but I occasionally riffle. I don't bridge, as I do with playing cards, because the deck is usually too thick for that. I riffle a lot more gently with Tarot cards than with standard playing cards, though; that is if I'm actually playing cards. If I'm using a playing card deck for divination, I riffle as gently as I do for Tarot.