Something's wrong...

naiadsandthewater

I think you've just fallen foul of the law of averages. For me, the Tarot is there to give insight and reality isn't so fixed and immutable that yes-no questions can really be answered.

Yes, I'm seeing that. I am indeed generalizing a lot when it comes to Tarot. 'Oh, this is a negative card, so it means 'no'.' I need to stop doing that asap, I know. Thank you!

PathWalker

You said you'd been reading before with Lenormand?

Tarot and Lenormand are very different though, Tarot more chatty and interpretive is perhaps a good way to describe it? Maybe you still expect Tarot to be direct like Lenormand might be.

I agree with much that is written above too.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

naiadsandthewater

You said you'd been reading before with Lenormand?

Tarot and Lenormand are very different though, Tarot more chatty and interpretive is perhaps a good way to describe it? Maybe you still expect Tarot to be direct like Lenormand might be.

I agree with much that is written above too.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

I think that's exactly the problem. The Lenormand is so direct, it's just flat out straight forwad and I'm very used to that.

Grizabella

I agree that it's the switch from Lenormand to Tarot that's got you stymied. Even though you know Lenormand very well, Tarot is a horse of a different color altogether. It only has a couple things in common with Lenormand----they both use cards and they're both used for divination. I use both methods myself. Tarot takes years of study for some folks before they can read it very well. (I'm one of the "some folks") lol

Yarrow

This is a nice discussion of ways of using tarot.

I think the most important piece of information from your tarot spread is that you read it as "clear no".

To me this speaks of your own self-doubt regarding the situation with your friend. To you, your friend was not going to call you. If you knew they were going to call, why would you bother with a reading?

To me, the fact that you were doubting the phone call is the important piece of information. The useful fact for you to take away.

I do not think tarot, or readings in general, have the ability to "right" or "wrong". My approach to tarot is as storytelling. The tarot tells you a story, a fable, with a message. Either that message fits, or it doesn't. Obviously others read tarot differently, and I respect them all!

Kindest,
Yarrow

nisaba

I am isolated and it's something I brought on my own and it makes me incredibly sad. So even though we ended up talking, I still felt really bad afterwards.
I think we often turn to our cards when we are emotional. Paradoxically, that's when we are least able to read the messages they carry clearly.

(I'm sorry, but I laughed at the last question. 'Will ou go on a trip? No, but that's fine 'cause you'd have died on a volcano explosion.' hahaha.)

<grin> You were meant to - but what one person might think is a happiness thing (going on holiday) could indeed end tragically, and you might be fortunate to miss it.

Yarrow

I think we often turn to our cards when we are emotional. Paradoxically, that's when we are least able to read the messages they carry clearly.

This is so so right on. I am sure that is why I like reading for others more than myself. I can stay detached in a way I can't for myself.

Yarrow

Essence of Winter

I use the cards for a different purpose in those circumstances - not to see what is going to happen but to see what I can do to improve my position.

Shade

Last friday I asked the cards if I'd hear from this particular person that day. If we would talk. I got the Hermit, 8 of Swords and the 5 of Cups. That's a clear no, isn't it? Especially with the Hermit in the mix. Well, I end up having a lovely conversation with said person.

Like you, I would have interpreted that as an emphatic no (and I would have been wrong).

I'm not sure I have anything close to a helpful answer, if I can believe in a world where thoughtforms can manifest things (and I personally do) maaaaaaybe your reaction to that reading sent something out into the wild blue yonder and got that person to call you. Maybe?

I think you had a perfectly reasonable question "will I speak with this person" and to me a Hermit is a no. An 8 of Swords for me would mean "You will need to call them yourself" because the 8 of Swords is my "no one is coming to help" you card. So I would be right there with you, bewildered.