when you get too many readings, advice?

PeopleWillBeYou

Well last year it all started from a break up. I felt that it was my fault but then again it felt that it wasn't suppose to last long. He broke up with me an I felt depressed. I started to get readings from psychics first. They all said that he loves me an that he will come back. Weirdly, I didn't know how to stop. I kept getting more readings. I felt better but then I couldn't seem to control my self. I then started getting tarot readings. For some reason they picked up the key work "manipulation" for my ex. Like the cards will tell me "be careful what you wish for because you might not end up wanting it anymore once you have it." so anyway, I try to stop getting readings. I felt that it wasn't good for me. Then one day I went to someone an he was a regular psychic. He didn't connect with me much at all. He doesn't use any tools so it kinda made me skeptical. What he said didn't made me happy at all. I was thinking, I hope he's wrong. But then I decided to give someone else a try but I didn't ask her the same questions. But the reading with her was so much better an it actually made me feel alot better in the inside. I heard that she was really good. She actually showed me the cards an told me what it meant. It was totally opposite from what the other person said. I felt comfortable with her, it was like talking to a good old friend. But I'm really hoping that its not "random answers" since I asked for readings before. But now I know I needed to stop before I end up insane as ever. (am yes I know its an insult to the universe because of what I did, but I felt that I should trust this reader more than anyone an that I should stop). but does anyone think it might be a random answer an I messed up? :(

tarotbear

IMHO - stop getting readings. Tie yourself to a chair if you have to.

The worst part of getting multiple readings is that you start 'shopping' - comparing what this Reader said to what that Reader said to what yet another Reader said - 'shopping' for the answer you want to be the 'right' answer, just like when you need a new pair of sneakers.

Think back all the Readers you've thrown your money at and figure out which reader gave you the most HONEST reading - not the best, not the fastest, not the most verbose reading - which Reader said things you may or may not necessarily believe - but which came off as an honest opinion of what the situation said.

Ignore all the rest.

Save all the money you will spend on everyone else and buy a new pair of sneakers with it.

Just my two cents ....

PeopleWillBeYou

IMHO - stop getting readings. Tie yourself to a chair if you have to.

The worst part of getting multiple readings is that you start 'shopping' - comparing what this Reader said to what that Reader said to what yet another Reader said - 'shopping' for the answer you want to be the 'right' answer, just like when you need a new pair of sneakers.

Think back all the Readers you've thrown your money at and figure out which reader gave you the most HONEST reading - not the best, not the fastest, not the most verbose reading - which Reader said things you may or may not necessarily believe - but which came off as an honest opinion of what the situation said.

Ignore all the rest.

Save all the money you will spend on everyone else and buy a new pair of sneakers with it.

Just my two cents ....

That's kinda hard because most said he loves me, others said manipulation... Soo its kinda hard to tell. :/ But thanks anyway. (well the last girl seem to understand the situation more though. I felt a real connection.) it might not been the best, the fastest or that other word but I felt that's she was being honest.

moon_light

That's kinda hard because most said he loves me, others said manipulation...

Both of these things can be true at the same time. There are plenty of unhealthy relationships that still involve love.

Soo its kinda hard to tell. :/ But thanks anyway. (well the last girl seem to understand the situation more though. I felt a real connection.) it might not been the best, the fastest or that other word but I felt that's she was being honest.

You seem to have already made up your mind about this. You're kind of doing the same thing again by asking for our opinions. If this ex is still taking up this much of your energy, you might want to consider just talking to him and figuring it out or maybe get professional help if you need it.

Citrin

You have already made up your mind on what you want readers to tell you, therefore a reading (well, or plenty of them...) doesn't benefit you in any way!

For a tarot reading to be meaningful the seeker must be open to receive ANY message that pops up. Otherwise it's like going to therapy or a doctor convinced you have no diagnoses, and keep denying anything they find - it's just not meaningful. You are wasting your own time and money here, don't you see that?

If you really feel like that last reading was good, honest, meaningful - then use the advice that reader gave you, forget the other readings, and stop getting any more readings at least for 3-6 months! You seem to realize what is going on, saying yourself that you're gonna drive yourself insane soon, so just take control of your own future now. I don't believe in "fortune telling", I believe that tarot is about taking control, and how that can be done in the best possible way, and I hope at least one of those readers managed to convey that message to you...

Good luck!

Ace

Not that you will listen, but you are not doing yourself any good. You are looking for the same things and the reality is not there. Either they tell you want you want to know, or you find another reader. But the REALITY is not what you want to hear so you keep looking until you find one that say what YOU want. You are wasting your time and money. It is over. Let it go.

barb