Storing multiple decks

Keldor

I was wondering how do you store your decks if you have more than one. When I oly had one I kept it in a tarot box I bought as a birthday gift to myself. However I now have many decks and wondering what do about storage. Any help here is appricated.

Thank you.

Grizabella

I normally keep them in drawers. Right now they're in storage bins after a move because I haven't got my furniture totally here yet and it's driving me nuts. I hate having to shuffle bins around to try to find anything. The plastic storage bins do work, though, if you don't have anywhere else to put them.

AJ

I have the deck/book boxed sets on bookshelves and just decks in dresser drawer. Plus there are always a few decks scattered about the house that I'm studying with the accompanying book or books that otherwise companion the deck. For instance my Norwiki Shakespeare deck is with my set of Shakespeare books.

Alta

I store most of mine in ugly plastic storage units and the rest in a miscellaneous collection of boxes.

Attachments

• DSCN4404.JPG
    DSCN4404.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,958
  • DSCN4406.JPG
    DSCN4406.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,690

aranarose

I use photo boxes for single decks, and keep boxed sets on my bookshelf.

Eco74

I've kept mine in a drawer and in two baskets til recently.

Now they're on the top shelf in a glass cabinet, except for a few decks with no boxes or bags that are kept in the drawer waiting for the situation to be remedied.

rwcarter

I have 388 tarot decks (including duplicates) and 104 oracles. Needless to say storage is a constant problem for me. I finally had to separate the tarot decks from the oracles (I thought they were breeding behind my back, but since they've been separated, the Oracle collection has only grown a little bit while the tarot collection keeps on growing like tribbles! :laugh:)

The oracles are kept on two rather crowded shelves of a three-shelf bookcase. The tarot decks are kept on 6 shelves of a 7-shelf bookcase. While I like to think that statement is true, it really isn't. :| It also overflows onto the front of a 6 shelf CD tower. And the duplicate decks reside in a different room.

I also have 311 books on tarot (that number doesn't include books that are bundled with tarot decks) and they reside on 5 bookcase shelves.

Rodney

Umbrae

Keldor said:
However I now have many decks and wondering what do about storage.

Many? LOL

Let me see...bookshelves, drawers in designated bureaus’, more bookshelves, plastic storage bins (not airtight) all hold the cast of thousands. Oh and I have one that lives in a wooden box in my garage/barn, one that lives in the glove box of my truck, I have them tucked away so there’s always one handy.

Some are in their original boxes, some in bags, some boxes are neatly folded and stashed away – that all depends if the deck’s a ‘reader’ or a ‘keeper’ (there’s a difference).

Mellifluous

I painted an old shoebox and did some other arty stuff to it to make it fancy. I keep tarot decks and other spiritual items in it. It has a spot on a shelf.

I don't usually put everything away all at once (because presumably some are out to read with), but overflow can go in a dresser drawer or under the pillows.

Companion books are kept with other books, not with the decks.