Faery Guide

a_shikhs

I was just wondering has anyone drawn their faery guide in the blank card that comes with the Faeries Oracle??? Mine is still blank and am wondering what to draw???

Genna

Rosmerta

I´ve drawn a small fluttering faery in pink dress and flowers in her black hair. She´s got wings, and her hands and feet are green.She "said" when I did a meditation that her name was Rosmerta. I didn´t like the name, but she was stubborn. She´s a rather stern guide; when she turns up something is really important, and I know she´d like me to listen to her more.
Later I found out there is a Celtic goddess named Rosmerta. I don´t know if there is any connection between "my" Rosmerta and the goddess.

SaintOfScreams

How Fascinating!

Genna

Maybe not, just my story. I´m waiting for other persons experiences with faery guides. We´ve all seen Chronatas fabulous one in another thread here, with picture too.

a_shikhs

Genna, that is awesome... Youre lucky you met your fairy guide while meditating... Guess i need to spend more time with my deck in order to meet my fairy guide.. :angel: :)

diane drizzy

I've got some piney-christmas tree types on mine.
If I really tried to draw faeries they would end up looking like The Stick Figure Tarot!

a_shikhs

diane drizzy said:
I've got some piney-christmas tree types on mine.
If I really tried to draw faeries they would end up looking like The Stick Figure Tarot!

Lol... I am worse than you... Cant draw for nuts... :D

It would be lovely if you'll could attach a pic of your faery guide card.. :angel:

Genna

Thank you, a_shichs! I would show the card if I had a scanner to use, but she is very simply drawn, almost a stick-figure. Just sit around and draw different figures, try out what might fit the card, I´m sure you the faeries don´t care if we´re not perfect at it. Découpage was a good idea,Diane, does it shuffle OK?

I also suspect Rosmerta could look different in other surcomstances, and that I drew what I thought faeries look like, and she made it fit her somehow. I had just read Lady Cottington and was influenced by the little flower-faeries there. The importent thing, I suspect, is to get something on that card.

Sophie

Rosmerta

How fascinating! This is what I found about Rosmerta, who was a Gaulish goddess:

In Gaulish Celtic mythology, Rosmerta was the goddess of fire, warmth, and abundance. A flower queen and hater of marriage, Rosmerta was also the queen of death. A Celtic goddess of fertility and wealth, whose cult was widely spread in Northeast Gaul. Rosmerta was the wife of Esus, the Gaulish Hermes. Her attributes are a cornucopia and a stick with two snakes.

The stick with two snakes was also the attribute of Hermes - the caduceus, which is a symbol of harmony and spiritual awakening - perfect for a guide!

The faery cards are full of those winks to Celtic mythology - and it seems, even when you call your faery guide that link is preserved...

Genna

Helvetica, thank you so much for the information! Maybe my Rosmerta has something to do with the other Rosmerta after all. You see,I didn´t like the name because of the merta in the ending, sounds like death in french, but she was SO stubborn.