'The Process' threads by Umbrae: ToC

Little Baron

Have never seen these threads before ...

So, off to put the kettle on ... no disturbances while I settle down and read them, I hope, hehe.

Yabs

noby

I just wanted to post out of gratitude for these wonderful posts. They gave me a lot of perspective and inspiration. After reading them, I found a little blank notebook and set aside two pages for each Major Arcana card and one for each Minor Arcana card, and then proceeded to write down my own impressions and lessons from the cards. I had the most fabulous and revelatory time doing this that I sat up in bed for hours doing it, totally focused!

And indeed, some of what I wrote echoed what I'd read elsewhere, but the understanding became internalized, came alive, when it came about from my own perception and analysis, examples and stories from my own life, rather than from someone else. And the instances where I came up with a different approach to the card really expanded my intuited and felt sense for the cards. And most strikingly, everything I wrote down about the cards reflected an understanding of life and its lessons that extends far beyond tarot for me.

And I really love your balanced approach, Umbrae, the mix of yin and yang, the tenderness and care paired with directness and authority. It's given me a lot of ideas and understanding for how to approach doing readings for others if and when I ever begin to do so.

tmgrl2

Soooo glad to see these up in a thread, jmd!

I printed these out when I first came to AT. I still reread them on a regular basis. My copies are dog-eared and frayed, but used.

Each time I re-read them, too, I find something I missed the first time around.

Thanks, Umbrae.

I would get the book.

Printing them again...time for a fresh copy.

terri

jmd

just updated a missing thread from the Process threads...

Please do let me know if I have yet missed others :)

Emeraldgirl

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Umbrae for this. The processes are great and I love your style of writing. I can't wait for your book to be published it's definatey going to be on my to buy list.

StellaJane

I just read the whole batch, and I'm sure I'll be returning later to go over bits and pieces more slowly. Thank you!

cybercat

Bump

This is for those that have not hAd the chance to read all of Umbraes posts.

Cat

mythos

:) bump ... I think, I hope, I want to read these ... so here goes nothing

firemaiden

Thanks for bumping this up, Mythos, it's wonderful to be reminded of these inspirational (and fun!!) threads. Nice to go back to them sometimes when my interest in reading starts to lag, and get a shot in the arm.

Citrin

I've read the Process threads twice now, they're wonderful. I just find myself going "ooh my left arm for a reading by Umbrae *drool*". ;) Very inspirational too, of course. If really gave me something to think about when it comes to reading for others. I can't say I quite understand 'the blank spot' though...