"Will Read Tarot For Food" ...

tarotlyn

Mods...if this is inappropriate :eek:...please remove or move to different board...
I will understand:heart:

...I just had to post this AD I just found on Craigslist.org which is a free online
ad site for those of you that may not familiar with it...

Please forgive me IF you are the author and are a member here...sorry...
...just thought it was interesting and "maybe" an idea for others to try in their own area:

Ad I just saw: said:
Will read Tarot for Food - $50 ("from area" was here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a professional intuitive Tarot reader with more than ten years of
experience. If you buy me lunch or dinner, I will do a free reading for you. If
you own restaurant and might be interested in a regular arrangement, that
would be great. I live in _________, but I'm all over the _______ Area for my
work, so please contact me if you are interested. I am also available for
readings in person or by phone. $50 is my usual hourly rate.

...just sharing with everybody...

:):heart:tarotlyn

Jyscal

Wow Lyn! Im not sure if i should be shocked or amazed. Probably a little bit of both. One i can say without being funny is that, it must take alot of guts!

minrice

Personally I think that would be awkward, to read the cards and then spend what, an hour with this person after for lunch? That would just feel weird to me and doesn't feel very professional. I think there would be many issues with reading regularly in a restaurant, noise being one and not being taken as seriously as I'd like being the other. However reading the cards for cheeseburgers does sound tasty.

Craigslist may be a good idea for advertising though, I've always had great luck buying and selling through it.

floracove

Jyscal said:
it must take alot of guts!

What!
That is funny!
LOL!

Interesting Ad you found there Lyn.
I do hope they get a few good leads, everyone needs to eat...

Ravenswing

a little bit off to the side, but...

Has anybody considered becoming a reader in one of those virtual worlds like 'second life' or 'there'?

Just wondering

raven

OOnaOwl

Ravenswing said:
Has anybody considered becoming a reader in one of those virtual worlds like 'second life' or 'there'?

Just wondering

raven

I looked into this on Second Life, but found it to be less than lucrative. Linden dollars are not worth very much...

That Craigslist advert is surely a sign of the times. Trading services is becoming more acceptable as the economic climate has shifted, at least here on the West Coast!

Grizabella

I think I'd want the meal first.

When I first read the title of the thread, what I thought was meant that the person would read for canned goods or something. :p

tarotlyn

...Griz...I am still laughing...you are so funny girl!:laugh:...canned goods...lol

Aside note: Now I know why I always come here to AT...you guys are so funny!
...and always make me laugh...which is necessary for me being an
"L" cornerstone name! got to have laughter!:bugeyed::joke:

GreenMoonBeam

OMG! I thought the same as Griz! Thought the 'reader' was on hard times & wanted food-food not a restaurant. LOL. Ah, such a blonde.:bugeyed:

WolfSpirit

I was thinking the same thing as Griz and GMB !
Is it that funny or weird ? Some people are great gardeners and lousy readers, and vice versa.
Wouldn't you swap a reading for some fresh veggies and potatoes ? I think it would not be a bad idea at all :)