"tuning in" to consult the cards

Sassenach

They are there. You must have faith and to believe that they are truly there.

Blessed Be Your Day,
Sassenach

Pam O

The last day or so, I've tried putting the question out loud to the cards. I know a lot of people do that anyway but I used to feel silly with it. Now, I've stopped thinking it has to mean I believe they're listening. I don't believe they're politely listening... but "pretending" I'm speaking to them feeds into my imagination or my subconscious or whatever it is (words that could refer to the same thing anyway) and helps it centre, or whatever that is. "Be present". Funny that being present is helped by make-believe that something/someone else is present...
That seems like a great thing for you to do. It accomplishes several things!
- It seems like it helps you wind down.
- It helps you focus.
- A result of focusing is being connected.
- The more focused you are, the more centered & grounded you become. (ex. not scattered)

...and have fun. :D

Nemia

Why not try to offer readings here on the boards and see how that goes? Real people, real questions.

I've learnt to be less perfectionist and let things go without being angry with myself. Does anyone here know Flylady? One of the best things I took from that special brand of wisdom was "housework done incorrectly still blesses your family". This applies to many things in life. "Readings done while not tuned in perfectly all the time still bless the reader and readee".

MandMaud

Why not try to offer readings here on the boards and see how that goes? Real people, real questions.
Actually I do... when I have time (or steal it from the "oughts" ;)) and well I'm well enough. Not often therefore! But when I do, I really enjoy it.

I've learnt to be less perfectionist and let things go without being angry with myself. Does anyone here know Flylady? One of the best things I took from that special brand of wisdom was "housework done incorrectly still blesses your family". This applies to many things in life. "Readings done while not tuned in perfectly all the time still bless the reader and readee".
I lurve Flylady. Heavily adapted to my own life, on the principle of taking what fits and letting the rest go, which I apply to everything anyway (Tarot learning is a big example of doing that).

I don't think perfectionism is my problem here. I never *strive* for the tuned-in/present state. I see what you mean, but I don't think this is it, because sometimes I get there without any trouble, almost effortlessly. I'm going to observe whether the non-tuned-in readings do actually come out as good readings after all, I may have been dismissing them without any need; and I'm definitely going to try to read more for others (or about others at the very least) because that seems to be working better.