"You Read Tarot? OOoo DO ME, DO ME!!"

Alissa

I loved what you had to share too, Lyric. It made me peaceful just reading your viewpoint, very lovely.

Thank you catlin for the feedback, that makes plenty of sense! I do apologize as well if I interpretted your intentions incorrectly. :D

Talisman, your posts make me smile! Great to hear from you as well, and from everyone on the thread thus far!!

abella

Catlin...

I AM a person who took up Tarot to meet friends... lol!! :) I was very shy in my mid-twenties and when I was at parties I didn't end up enjoying myself so I came to the thought of using Tarot as an ice-breaker and it was!! *grin* This was right around the time that I had an accident and began my spiritual journey.

I really lik your "reasons why" you charge and if it's okay with you I would like to incorporate them into my set of "reasons why" but just need to know what type of "credit" you would like. Cheers!

catlin said:
@ Alissa: when I wrote my post I was missing your information with the role play character readings. I did not think you are a person who needs something like doing tarot to make friends, guess I expressed myself a bit clumsy here (I would have put it better in German than in English, I wish English were my mother tongue and not the language I mostly learned from German English teachers here in Germany).

However, I found out that some ppl tried to befriend me because I am into tarot and they hoped to sneak a free reading from me. You should have seen their face (mauth gaping!!) when I told them flatly that I pretty well know why they sneak around me.

Charging for a reading is ok for me because:

a) tarot decks, tarot books etc cost money,
b) I don't want to have a bunch of ppl around me who want to sneak free readings,
c) our material world makes ppl think that only things which cost money are worth getting,
d) I don't like ppl who try to tell me "Oh, I am too poor, I cannot afford a reading, please do me a free one." and I KNOW they have the money, they only try to fool me.
e) I devote time to a complete stranger to listen to his/her problems and to find a way to solve them.
f) PPl usually are more inclined to follow an advice they have paid for.

nclifecoach

I can so relate to this! - Well more so when I was younger and in those types of environments :)

As I am also a certified hypnotherapist - I also get 'I bet you can't hypnotize me!" Now I make it a rule not to explain myself - if someone is really interested, they can get all the info they want on the web.
Karen

abella

nclifecoach said:
As I am also a certified hypnotherapist - I also get 'I bet you can't hypnotize me!" Now I make it a rule not to explain myself - if someone is really interested, they can get all the info they want on the web.
Karen

Hi Karen~

Would the answer be: Your'e right, I can't!?
:)