Question about the swedish witch and Jolanda tarot

Bylica

It wouldn'be actually that bad, if it became small. Smaller decks are easier to hadle and I have quite small hands. Could you tell me how small it would be without the borders?

karen0205

The cards as they come in the box: 2-3/4" x 4-3/4" or 72mm x 120mm
I think the borders are probably 3/8" or 10mm

Le Fanu

It wouldn'be actually that bad, if it became small. Smaller decks are easier to hadle and I have quite small hands. Could you tell me how small it would be without the borders?
But would it trim the lovely dragonfly back? That would be a shame.

I have both editions and I'm quite happy with the purply borders. But it's the card titles on the sides of the cards I'm not too keen on.

Nydia

I got the Jolanda Tarot in July. About a month later I trimmed off all the borders and rounded the corners. My cards now are 54mm x 95mm.

The cards with borders were actually very nice to shuffle. The cards seem stiffer now, but are still ok to shuffle and I like the small size. I first just trimmed the side borders, leaving a skinny deck which still shuffled nicely, but then decided to trim the rest in a day or two.

Just go through the deck, so you know which court card is which, etc. before trimming. The suits show the number of cups, swords, etc., which is helpful. There are some weird things in this deck. I don't think the LWB meanings match what I see in these cards, so I don't use this LWB.

I'm glad I bought this deck. I was surprised how it seemed to be the only deck I was interested in and using in August.

Bylica

I will first use the deck with borders, to learn "who is who", that's no doubt :) Will have to check if the dragonfly lady doesn't suffer too much...

That size would be OK, I think. It's something close to my trimmed Crystal Tarot.

Thank you all for your kind replies!