Canadian Yukon Northern Tarot

Bat Chicken

I was fascinated by your description of the creation process (the part about closing your eyes in particular...) - please would you post that here for others to read ?

Yes, please! :)

handofthenorth

I'll be glad to post my creative experience.

What I would do with each card was read as much about it as I could then put the information aside to let it percolate. I did look at other cards, particularly the Gilded Tarot, the Universal Tarot and the Bright Idea deck. I liked the Bright Idea deck for its different approach to an age old theme. As I think in a pictorial language rather than verbal I would close my eyes and an image would pop into my head. All I had to do then was paint it out, making sure I had the right number of wands, swords, coins or cups. Sometimes the image would be vague and I had to let it firm up but sometimes I would get several at once and I had to scramble to get them down before they disappeared. It wasn't a fast process, as I worked on other paintings at the same time but it was sure and steady. I don't know about doing another deck, this one took long enough!

One note is that I rely on others to interpret my cards, as I have trouble keeping all the images in line, and as I said, I think pictorially, not verbally.