Lo Scarabeo Tarot Wonder

neogeo

Hi, I never own any Lo Scarabeo published tarot. I wonder most of the Lo Scarabeo published tarot deck were quality? I mean quality in printing, details, card stock thick, gloss. What about if compare to US Games. Since most I heard it printed in italy or Europe. I never heard it printed in china. So Would it be better than US games printed in china? Thank You

AJ

I think most readers give it very high marks for cardstock and quality of production. Do not be afraid to buy one of their decks worrying about quality.

What Lo Scarabeo decks often do though is bend the idea of some of the card's message.
It is why new readers often say they don't like their decks
and why seasoned readers love them. They make the brain work.

The art varies, they have some in-house artists who have done many of their decks so you can recognize their art from deck to deck. These decks are occasionally light on detail, because time is money. Look for some scans before you buy, as with all decks.

Welcome to AT!

The forum owner has samples of many of their decks here
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/lo-scarabeo.shtml

Le Fanu

What Lo Scarabeo decks often do though is bend the idea of some of the card's message.
It is why new readers often say they don't like their decks
and why seasoned readers love them. They make the brain work.[/url]
Exactly. There's something for everyone I think. Choose your deck carefully and I'm sure you'll love it.

They are decks that make me bend my brain and I love that. I also find their uniformity in terms of production very comforting. I know exactly what I'm going to get in terms of size and cardstock and finish.

There are very, very few LoS decks that do absolutely nothing for me. Maybe half a dozen, but the rest all have something.

gregory

My favourite publisher - for variety, risk-taking - quality (yes; it's very good - not least the tuckboxes, which fold differently from most and are way better - why everyone doesn't have the bottoms with no tab I will never know !) and not least for their customer service which is awesomely good and very fast. Find a dud card and you will probably have the replacement almost before you asked for it - that fast !

I think it would be fair to say that anyone will be able to find one of their decks that will suit them.

neogeo

Thanks For the opinions. Actually I got 2 lovely deck had in my mind. One is the golden tarot of renaissance and the other one is golden universal tarot. Well after listening a few words from here. I'm thinking might getting them too. I always buy a trusted old company such as US games. They always put quality.... But recently all printed in china... that really a bit sad. I heard most Lo Scarabeo made in Italy, none of them yet print in china is that true?

nanni68

i have over 60 decks the best card quality is for me schiffer books but the best cards ideas is lo scarabeo i like nearly all their decks

gregory

I've no idea where the LoS decks are printed, but the issue for me is quality. It is always outstanding.

Schiffer - until the Dream Raven - have always had stock I really disliked - too thick, FAR too shiny, when they bent a but they'd crease horribly, and they stick together. I am HOPING the stock they used for Dream Raven is the way they will stay...

Miss Divine

For me personally, I'd prefer them a little thicker. But the varnish/ finish is wonderful.
I agree with Gregory on the Schiffer cardstock. It IS sticky! And that thickness is just a bit too thick. ;)

neogeo

So we can't go wrong by buying decks from Lo Scarabeo. Mind to ask how about his neighbor Del Negro. I heard they from Italy too. Thanks

gregory

They're fine. I don't personally like their stock as well, but they are fine. And their Visconti is really nice.