Collage deck fans, I need some help

ana luisa

I need some advice from readers who REALLY like and work well with collage decks. I have many of them including the Voyager that is one of my staple decks of deep readings (2dogs is with me on this :)) A while ago, I saw the site for a deck and fell in love with it. It is simply stupendous :0 !! It is waaaay above my price range (deck + international shipping!!). I may start saving for it and give myself a birthday present. But, before I start, I would like to know if anyone has it, uses it or believes it is worth the price. As far as images, it is breathtaking...

http://www.naturetarot.com

karen0205

Looks like an interesting deck. It is a bit expensive so I see what you mean about wanting to get some reviews before buying it. That's about $85 USD without shipping. I would be a little hesitant to buy it too. It does seem to be popular though, isn't it on it's 3rd printing? The photos of the cards are nice and large so you can really get a good idea what the images look like so that's a plus. I hope someone can comment on the card stock for you.

thanks for posting the info on the deck

ana luisa

thnk you for replying Karen :) Yes, it is a bit pricy... Where did you read about its popularity? I, for one, do not know of anyone who has it. Probably because it is an "old"deck and I became a member of AT recently.

delizt

I'm a fan of collage decks, however this one seems too pricey and too "Voyager-ish" to justify the cost imho

ana luisa

I'm a fan of collage decks, however this one seems too pricey and too "Voyager-ish" to justify the cost imho
Hi delitz, thanks for your reply :thumbsup: I agree it looks like the Voyager but, I LOVE to read with mine. So, the profusion of images is right down my alley ... I was wondering if perhaps, among the hundreds of members, I could reach one that has already used it .
If it weren't for the price...

2dogs

The collages are very well done aren't they, and it's good of the artist to put nearly the whole deck on the website so you can have a good look and see if you like all the cards. I won't be buying it though, I'm keeping my Tarot collection to just a few decks and making sure I use them.

nisaba

As it happens, I took one of my very few collage decks to work today, the Universal Dali. I had fun rediscovering it.

Look, if you are attracted to it, and have the money, get it. I have never once regretted a deck I bought, even ones I ended up not using very often. The ones I regret are the ones I decided to "get later", then they went out of print and became prohibitively expensive.

Get it while you can!

ana luisa

The collages are very well done aren't they, and it's good of the artist to put nearly the whole deck on the website so you can have a good look and see if you like all the cards. I won't be buying it though, I'm keeping my Tarot collection to just a few decks and making sure I use them.

Thank you 2dogs for your answer and confirmation on the quality of this deck. I admire your self-control and commitment to working with the ones you already have. WOW. I could never have this restraint. :D Still pondering, though.

ana luisa

As it happens, I took one of my very few collage decks to work today, the Universal Dali. I had fun rediscovering it.

Look, if you are attracted to it, and have the money, get it. I have never once regretted a deck I bought, even ones I ended up not using very often. The ones I regret are the ones I decided to "get later", then they went out of print and became prohibitively expensive.

Get it while you can!

Nisaba, the great enabler !! :D i'm kidding. You're absolutely right. I will NEVER get over the fact that I didn't buy a spare copy of he I-Ching Holitzka and now, it's almost unavailable. And the Victoria Regina. Among others. What is still holding me back is the price. As you probably figured out, I live in a country where euros and dollars are worth A LOT. So, investing that much money in a deck would require some saving time. I guess I may start doing so. The author got in touch with me about the price and conditions and was very sweet. He seems to have a lot of pride making cards by hand so, it's almost like a work of art. Now, I'm super tempted !!

2dogs

I could never have this restraint.

Well I really don't want to repeat my previous addiction to Moon books. It started off innocently enough but then I'd find out about some fascinating rare one like from the 1800s and there would be just one copy for sale on the web so I'd buy it as I might never have the chance again. Discussing them on a forum just encouraged me and before I knew it I had over a hundred. Speaking of shipping costs you would be horrified to hear I bought the 1960s "US Air Force Photographic Atlas of the Moon" from the States - it was so big it came in an mail sack by itself and when I weighed it, was 14kg. :eek: