Questions on Tarot Visconti from Race Point publishing w/ book by Mary Packard

Myrrha

This is a recently released edition in a large black box with a book. They call it "Golden Visconti" just to be confusing.

I am hoping someone who has the deck can answer a couple of questions.

What are the replacement cards like? I would love to see a scan especially of the Devil.

The publishers blurb says the cards have been "faithfully re-created" is it made to look like it was just painted as the L.S. version is or has it been made to look like an old, perhaps faded deck just fixed up?

A review on Amazon says most of the cards are "off center." How bad is this? It could be really annoying if it is very noticeable.

Is the card stock fairly sturdy?

Thank you if anyone can help with this.

conurelover

I have this exact deck.

I love the accompanying book that she wrote purely for the historical perspective.

None of my cards are off center at all! They are not made to be old and faded. I would have the deck regardless.
The pictures I have taken don't do it justice. The gold is beautiful!

The card stock is perfect for me. Even though the cards are larger than normal tarot...large like imported Italian decks, I have no problem shuffling.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. :)

Attachments

• backs.jpg
    backs.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 104
  • diece.jpg
    diece.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 106
  • iltredici.jpg
    iltredici.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20130806_220121_970.jpg
    IMG_20130806_220121_970.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 97

Myrrha

Oooooh! Thank you, conurover, for the scans. I am so happy to hear that the deck is well printed and large. My Cary-Yale is huge and it is a pleasure to use. The backs (of this new version) are lovely and it is interesting how the Minors being painted with a slightly more rigid hand than the L.S. version gives a different tone. I am definitely going to get this one.

conurelover

Oooooh! Thank you, conurover, for the scans. I am so happy to hear that the deck is well printed and large. My Cary-Yale is huge and it is a pleasure to use. The backs (of this new version) are lovely and it is interesting how the Minors being painted with a slightly more rigid hand than the L.S. version gives a different tone. I am definitely going to get this one.

Again sorry about the quality of pictures. I think had I taken them in sunlight they would have looked absolutely stunning.

Le Fanu

The Packard Visconti set is an absolute bargain. For what you pay and what you get - I wonder where it was produced? (child labour? Don't go there. It's very cheap for what you get. Should we be worried?)

The quality is excellent. No off-centre cards here either. I haven't heard of anyone who has off-centre cards. Honestly, amazon reviewers can be so neurotic sometimes. The book is excellent, the card imagery is excellent, the replacement cards are among the most beautiful I have seen (boo, Scapini) and match perfectly with the feel of the rest of the deck (unlike the Scapini ones).

Honestly, I can't think of anything to criticise (except my ethical fears on how they produced a set so cheaply).

Shame I don't really like the Visconti-Sforza...