Help me choose a new deck !

VampTarot23

So my birthday is coming up on the 4th of October.
I would like to get a deck for myself, one maybe two.
If you can help me pick the deck I would love that.

So the contenders are :

Liber T : I feel that maybe it could help me see the tarot in a new light or be the total opposite.

Dark Grimoire: This one makes me a little uncomfortable, but I do not shy away from such things.

Sun and Moon: this one could be fun

I am also looking at Diviant moon ,Night sun,Magical forest

rwcarter

If it makes a difference, the Liber T is Thoth based and very dense. You should try to get your hands on Scion's PDF (which hasn't been updated in forever) to help with better understanding the deck.

The Dark Grimoire is quite readable as is. I don't find the LWB to be helpful at all, but the images speak volumes themselves. I (and others) have used it for Dark Exchange Circle (DEC) Exchanges. (I just used it for the last exchange.)

I personally am not enamored of the Sun and Moon, although I've never used it for a reading.

The Deviant Moon is quirky and also readable as is. There is a borderless version with companion book in the works, so you might hold off on getting that one.

There are Study Groups for each of the above decks.

HTH,
Rodney

VampTarot23

If it makes a difference, the Liber T is Thoth based and very dense. You should try to get your hands on Scion's PDF (which hasn't been updated in forever) to help with better understanding the deck.

The Dark Grimoire is quite readable as is. I don't find the LWB to be helpful at all, but the images speak volumes themselves. I (and others) have used it for Dark Exchange Circle (DEC) Exchanges. (I just used it for the last exchange.)

I personally am not enamored of the Sun and Moon, although I've never used it for a reading.

The Deviant Moon is quirky and also readable as is. There is a borderless version with companion book in the works, so you might hold off on getting that one.

HTH,
Rodney

Thank you Rodney

I found out that the Diviant Moon borderless version is coming out in 2 months
so I am holding off on that one ; )

Liber T where do I get that pdf ? I think that its art might the reason , why I have not I gotten this one yet.

kellyshay

I have the Sun and Moon Tarot and Deviant Moon..
I loveeeeeee my Deviant moon..its a very fun deck..!
I couldn't connect with my sun and moon deck..So it just sits in the drawer

VampTarot23

So Sun and moon pretty but cold ?

dancing_moon

I've recently bought the Tarot of the Magical Forest, and I just love it. :heart: It's a normal RWS, only filled with those lovable little critters. You can almost feel the smell of grass and water in the cards. :)

Having said that, it works like a normal deck, giving precise, to-the-point readings - even ruthless at times. I'm not a great fan of RWS, so for me, it's a perfect substitute. :)

VampTarot23

so 1) For the Magical Forest

2) For the Diviant Moon

1) For the Liber T

-2) For the Sun and Moon LOL

0) For the rest

Emily

I'm another who likes the Liber T. I don't have any of the other decks you mention. I like the Liber T because of its artwork, very colourful and fluid and despite how it looks, it is very easy to read. Also you can use it with Thoth books. :)

jema

Of the ones above, the one I like the best is Dark Grimoire.
I own Deviant moon too but only used it once, worked one week with Liber T but we never clicked (I simply prefer Thoth)
I am all for picking decks that might be a challenge though

rwcarter

so 1) For the Magical Forest

2) For the Diviant Moon

1) For the Liber T

-2) For the Sun and Moon LOL

0) For the rest

UH, I'd count my comments about the Dark Grimoire as +1.... ;)