Lisa Hunt's Fairy Tale Tarot

gregory

I just asked Llewellyn....

Le Fanu

There are versions in Spanish, German and French. Although I can understand Spanish, I went for the French edition as I'm so familiar with tarot titles in French, I find it much easier to read with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLizarraga

It's an ok deck, but I like the Baba Studios fairy tale deck better!

THIS. I found the Spanish version for cheap, but hated the deck on sight and traded it away ASAP. And I mean HATE. Can't really put my finger on why, as it's not a badly done deck at all, and I'm a fan of Hunt's art, particularly the dream world of her Ghosts and Spirits Tarot. But it was a strong gut reaction.

I love Baba's, as it is a beautiful but rather stark, no-sugar-added deck, and I know most of the stories by heart.

PS you could do the app just for the sake of having the book, and the English titles to the cards, and use it when you are reading your other language real life paper deck :)

I do this with some decks whose books are expensive or hard to find, but come included in the app. It's really good thinking. :thumbsup:

greycats

At least check ebay. There's a "pristine" English ed. for $300, along with a Spanish ed.

greycats

Le Fanu

That's crazy. Almost Greenwood prices for something that I'm sure will inevitably end up being reprinted.

I think very carefully on how much I spend on decks by living deck creators! I've justified expensive tarot purchases before based on rarity only to have to grit my teeth upon a jubilant rerelease. After 35 years of buying tarot, I'm of the opinion that most mass market decks end up being reprinted. I always think of the Royal Fez Moroccan as my inexplicable example of a mass market deck that everyone wants and U.S games don't hear the cries, but even that will be out one of these days, I'm sure.

In answer to the question of the original post - do I think this deck is worth $400? No I don't.

One just needs to be patient

gregory

That's crazy. Almost Greenwood prices for something that I'm sure will inevitably end up being reprinted.
Don't count on it. Just heard back from Llewellyn - the rights were returned to Lisa (so they CAN'T do it) and as far as they know she has no plans.

Anyone want to contact her and ask ?

Hm. She sells signed copies on her own site for $450... But I've asked if it might reappear...

Jen P

Don't count on it. Just heard back from Llewellyn - the rights were returned to Lisa (so they CAN'T do it) and as far as they know she has no plans.

Anyone want to contact her and ask ?

Hm. She sells signed copies on her own site for $450... But I've asked if it might reappear...

Thanks gregory for checking!!!

Nemia

So why not order the new German version once it's available...?

gregory

I think basically because the book would be useless to Jen ? If another language would be OK the Spanish one is available right now.

Jen P

I think basically because the book would be useless to Jen ? If another language would be OK the Spanish one is available right now.

Yes, I'd like the book in English (I don't have any apps).

But thanks for the thought Nemia. I'll find one sooner or later. My my, there is one going for $2,300! What are they thinking?