Tarot of Eons

Tarot of Eons

It started growing on me and by the time I finished viewing I would have bought a copy if available. To be honest though, much of the appeal is due to the deck's not too subtle flaming "gayiocity". Yes, I think that's an actual word! Which makes me wonder, why doesn't the lovers card show two men embracing in each others arms?
And what made you think that the person with long hair is not a man?

gregory

And what made you think that the person with long hair is not a man?
The body shape, since you ask. If it were a man - it would have to be one who had transgendered recently. The waist; the shape of the buttocks.... It's not the hair or anything (lord knows I know MANY men with that kind of hair !) - it's that body shape.

Dee Ell

The body shape, since you ask. If it were a man - it would have to be one who had transgendered recently. The waist; the shape of the buttocks.... It's not the hair or anything (lord knows I know MANY men with that kind of hair !) - it's that body shape.

Exactly. As an artist, the contrast between the clear male character in the card to the arms, legs, hips and waist of the clearly female character in the card are what signals this. Even a very slender male does not have that body shape unless they have super high estrogen levels and low testosterone.

Regardless, it reads as a woman so if your intent as the artist is to have it be 2 males (or you decide to change it to 2 males given feedback you're receiving on the deck) then those would be the things that need to be addressed. The hair is a non-issue.

Laura Borealis

*nods* If the artist had wanted to depict two men on the Lovers card I think they would have made it unambiguous.

gregory

*nods* If the artist had wanted to depict two men on the Lovers card I think they would have made it unambiguous.
The artist was the one who asked us how come we thought it was a woman. So either it was a trick question or....

Laura Borealis

Oh, I missed the name. Thanks for pointing that out.

Achlys

I'm not particularly fond of the art style...It reminds me of a simplified but worse digital quality of the art of the Tarot Apokalypsis. It's kind of like a poor quality video game from an older system. While it's nostalgic, it's also somewhat cringey,

gregory

I LIKE Eric Dunne's work.

THIS one reminds me much more of the Tarot of Heroes.... though it mercifully fails to top that Page of Swords...