Royal Fez Moroccan - why is this still OOP?

magicjack

This deck has always been on my wish list but I don't want a used one from eBay. I wish someone would or could reissue this deck.

HudsonGray

Are they really going for $270-$400? I've got one on my shelf in the orange box with the original price tag of $8.00. The cards are in perfect shape, the LWB is perfect, only the box has some wear on the flaps. The cards have the purple backs and it's the 1975 edition. It was my sig. other's deck he bought back before 1984, which he barely used.

Maybe I should think about selling it......

Michellehihi

Are they really going for $270-$400? I've got one on my shelf in the orange box with the original price tag of $8.00. The cards are in perfect shape, the LWB is perfect, only the box has some wear on the flaps. The cards have the purple backs and it's the 1975 edition. It was my sig. other's deck he bought back before 1984, which he barely used.

Maybe I should think about selling it......

I think that the ones selling at the price you say, are the first edition ones from the 50's

magicjack

On albideuter.de it says copyrights 1975 by US Games Systems. It says the world's best resource for Tarot decks. I beg to differ. They could do better in my opinion.

Wheel of Fantastic

People on EBay are TRYING to sell them for ludicrous prices but the more rational sellers are willing to let them go for well under £100. In the last 6 months I have picked up several for around £65-£85. The one at £85 was still wrapped in the original cellophane wrapper.

It's a matter of keeping an eye out for 'sensible' sellers.

MissChiff

This deck has been on my wishlist FOREVER!! The price it goes for?? Damn you could feed a small village....

CherryNukaCola

I was wondering if anyone knows the story behind this version?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 208

Wheel of Fantastic

@CherryNukaCola (great name!)

I have a copy of the deck in that very box; the lurid box as I call it; this was the deck still in it's original AG Mueller cellophane wrapper and has a 'little white leaflet.'

It's a 1975 Rigel Press edition so it was contemporary with the first print run by US Games. The tuck box is of very flimsy cardboard and is no where near the quality of the earlier orange slip cases that Rigel put out. I would hazard a guess that Rigel Press changed their style of packaging to something more sensational to drum up sales and clear their last batch of decks? Only a guess.

Freddie

Nice deck, I wonder sometimes what U.S. Games is thinking. I had one, but it did not click with me, great art though.

Freddie

CherryNukaCola

Thanks Wheel! That makes sense.