Victorian Flower Oracle: Tulip

.traveller.

Tulip
Prosperity

Image: A variegated Tulip wearing a turban, her neck and waist girded with tulip bulbs. Male tulips can be seen in the background.

I see this as someone who appears to have their act together, able to ride the latest trends with applomb. Admired, desired, an ideal to strive for... but a warning too. People are fickle, today's rising star is tomorrow's sunken dreamboat.

Barbaras Ahajusts

You know, since I'm not familiar with the Tulip, I didn't know that the stamines could peek out without the flower being open! They can pop out as the tulip petals just crack open! That is her turban!
I open up my Orphalese to magnify this card and began to dig online to see if real tulips with only a crack showing in the new bulb would show any stamines. I found an FTD picture of this exact bulb! Awesome! I love digging around like that! ;)

I agree with you, .traveller. This chick has her act together & knows she can carry it off. There's almost a peaceful power in the moment here.

Tulips mean being perfect love, tulips can give off a sense of grace and elegance.
On the down side, this could be something you THINK will be to your benefit, something you want so badly. It might not be what you want, in the end. Only a perception of love. But it can be good while the good is getting! :laugh:

Can you tell what little flower vine she is carrying in her hands? I thought they were pearls, but on enlargement, they are tiny bulbs on a vine.

With the turban being a budding tulip & the tiny budded flower vine, could this be just a sign of newness? A sign of a new beginning of something?

The way the men tulips are wobbling towards her, I could almost see this card as an aspiration or a "side candy" for them. As if to say, "what you are after will make you look so good!" ;)

:laugh:Barbara

Jewel

Again, this is another one of those journal entries I did back in April of 2007.

The emotional atmosphere of the card is of serenity (many cards in this deck give me that emotional atmosphere on first impression). The tulip is serene but she carries responsibility. The male tulips behind her seem serious adn busy and to have little emotion.

The physical manifestation of the card could be going through the paces graciously but with little emotional envolvement. The heart not being in it, so there is a stiff feeling.

The mental characteristics of this card can be seen in the tulip's eyes and the expression of the men tulips. There is stress, responsibility, maybe even pressure. Yet on the surface all appears elegant, organized, and in perfect order. There is a fakeness about the scene.

Spiritually there is a longing, an emptiness, a craving. But responsibilities take precedence and priority over the spiritual in this card. There is a want for the spiritual but is not acted upon.

What I find most appealing about this card is the gorgeous tulip lady. So elegant and rich looking. I also like that the tulip's face tell you that wealth and appearances are not everything, so she is not just flare.

I find the men tulips unappealing. I am not sure what their function in the card is. They look like zombies to me. Just depleated. All used up. Did Lady Tulip use them up to get where she is???

This card is titled Prosperity and the image makes me wonder that if to be financially successful you have to "use up" other people. It also makes me wonder if rich people are trully happy or if they are just elegant and graceful husks acting happy because society says they should be.

We all think the grass is always greener on the other side ... is it really?

--------------
I think in essence I came to the same conclusion as you guys with this card, but also with a feeling that the cost for that look is a pricey one, one which involves using others on the way and is not nearly as satisfying as it appears. I am guessing now that that is the function of the male tulips in this card. The other aspect is that you might get all used up during the climb.

WaterSong

basically Tulip is a card of self esteem and carrying yourself with grace...this woman has inner beauty that shows in her demeanor, that is what I see....

Some people just exhude that quality....no matter what is happening in their lives, they flow through it and come out the other side.

geministar

Ok, here I go at posting my impressions on the card - my first card with this study...

The lady tulip is looking formal in her dress. Her clothing proves that she is not poor, she has alot materially. She stands our from the rest of the card as she in bright in colour. She is the main focus. The background of the card is in greyscale and looking quite unimportant. I dont understand why the tulips in the background are all men. They all have beards and look poor. Traditionally men made more money than women while the women stayed home to tend the home and look after children. But in this card clearly is the woman who is the wealthy one. Im wondering if there is a link between her and the men. Maybe she came from a poor background originally and is now in a new place of prosperity?

Well that is what I have come up with so far on this card. I havent read all the other replies but Magenta I did read yours and I love what you see in this card.

Jewel

geministar said:
Im wondering if there is a link between her and the men.
Perhaps they are her harem! *LOL* ... or they could represent aspects of herself that she had to use to get where she is?