Gilded Tarot Royale

inanna_tarot

My copy came last week....
Its stunning. My first purchase of Ciro's decks and it will not be my last! Amazing, enough of the deep esoteric symbolism to get you going, yet not too 'heavy' so your eyes can delight in the cards and the intuition can flow...

Beautiful! So much expression and life in digital artwork - that only Ciro can do!
Awesome :D

MandMaud

Thank you ciro

I'm a bit embarrassed having this deck as a beginner - Ciro's email said it would be collectors and devotees buying it. In my defence I do know the Tarot bug is in my system to stay, even though it bit me only recently... I'd decided to get the Gilded as the first purchase to make since deciding to take All This Stuff seriously, and then on the artist website I saw the Royale and couldn't not. The Gilded was ordered but hadn't arrived at that point!

Then when the Royale arrived, bearing in mind this was my first online buy, I shouldn't have been surprised but was by the way the pictures aren't as 'obvious' as I expected because the cards are smaller than my computer screen! Looking at them they are just as beautiful though. I am still trying to get them to tell me anything; we're getting to know each other. I've said on another thread somewhere that the very beauty of them distracts me from tuning in, like someone being too drop-dead gorgeous for me to take in what they say! I'm sure we'll get there though! They make a lovely view to look at when laid out.

And then the Gilded arrived (costly shipping to the UK but I gather Ciro didn't have any say in that), and they are everything everyone has said here, so I won't say it again. And apart from simply (and complexly) wonderful, they do speak to me. :) Already, right out of the box. I'm a useless shuffler so I have done one or two very small spreads by my deal-into-piles-over-and-over-again method, and will mainly use this deck for meditation. Wouldn't want it to get that 'used' look anyway.

I particularly love the Magician, the King of Cups, the Hermit, Temperance, Judgement – those last two I'm not normally very fond of – the Ace of Wands... and others... I have the Kind of Swords gazing down at me this very moment as it was today's card. I drew using the Gilded and found him in the Royale to set up in view for the day (is that silly?).

Anyway, just another gush ;) but I'm not at all sorry I went for the extravagant aficionado purchase iykwim and the Royale adds something to my understanding of the Gilded deck. Someone said something about Aslan's worlds beyond; that captures it perfectly.

gregory

I saw one in person while visiting. I am MOST frustrated that mine is still in the mail. (not that I've collected the mail today yet, she said thoughtfully...)

gregory

And - indeed - I collected the mail and there it was.

I also got a flat - but hey, win some lose some. :laugh: I had it to look at while I waited for the CAA. (Yes, I can change a tire my own self - but I pay for that stuff and have never claimed so I thought it was time to get some money's worth !)

It's lovely. (Not least the box...) But more time is needed.

Calcifer

To ghost271

I just got a reply from Ciro Marchetti - and he says that about 1 in 50 decks have had missing or extra cards. I mention this because I too have an unopened deck. I suppose this warrants opening it and checking to see if all is well...

I absolutley love this deck !

Michael

MandMaud

I would imagine the 'imperfect' decks will be worth even more in twenty years' time, rarity value.

Morwenna

Yeah, that's fine for the non-reading collectors, but what about the rest of us?! :)

cirom

You contact me, get a replacement card sent out immediately and start reading :)

Skydancer

When I opened my deck, many cards were lightly stuck together in small groups. I had to separate them. Then I was doing an exercise and couldn't find the Page of Swords. After 3 looks through the deck I suddenly had a thought -- and sure enough, it was adhered to the back of the 10 of Swords. Just thought I'd throw that in. :)

Mateo06

Thanks for the heads up on missing cards. I just had surgery on my ankle and am not staying at my usual residence while recovering. I won't be able to check for a couple months.