I Ching

Alta

Hi again

Hi Emily... I have that one too, and like it as well. Always read the front part of IC books too, sometimes the authors have some good insights to pass along.
Any interesting readings you have been making with IC? Any connections elsewhere, like to tarot or crystals? Love to hear of your progress. I might be able to help in some small way if you get stuck. And maybe you could help me. Study alone is heavy and pedantic, study with others is light hearted and refreshing to the spirit. Email me if you want to.

mmem@hfx.eastlink.ca

Emily

Hi Marion
Sarah Denings book is a good one, I've been using it for my daily reading (just general 'is there anything I should be aware of' questions lol ) All in all the readings I'm getting are pretty good, sometimes they are not very clear or they don't mean much to me at the time but a couple of days later something happens and I refer back to my I Ching journal and I realise that the hexagram I cast for that day is relevant.
Also about the books, I'm having to go on other peoples recommendations because I don't have access to many I Ching book choices, even in a big bookshop like Waterstones I Ching doesn't seem very popular, so I go by online recommendations or by what others seem to be using. Also I try to keep to Wilhelm translations or commentaries.
My crystals were a mixed bunch, rock crystal (my favourite), strawberry quartz, blue lace agate, tigers eye, rose quartz and a breccicated (sp) red stone that has gone completely from my mind lol - brown/red with black (like a marble) mixed in lol :)

Edited to say - I think it may have been a carnelian, got to go back to one of the crystal websites and check :)

grailmaiden

Very simple way with I Ching

I came across a very simple way to do I Ching in a book on various divination methods by Cassandra Eason (sorry, I've forgotten the title).

She says get 12 pebbles: paint 6 with yang lines on one side and changing yin lines on the reverse; paint the other 6 with yin lines and changing yang lines on the reverse. Then all you have to do is randomly select 6 pebbles for your reading. If you have any changing lines in the reading turn them over to form the second hexagram.

This is what I use now and find it very quick, simple and effective. I do have some I Ching cards too but I've lost the box so am not sure what they're called. There are 8 trigram cards as well as the 64 hexagrams. I only tend to use the trigram cards - picking one each morning to give me a flavour of the day ahead.

My favourite author on I Ching is Steven Karcher.

Grail

Emily

Hi grailmaiden,
I haven't heard of the pebble method of casting hexagrams, beads and marbles yes, but I might try that one, Although at the moment I'm using my brand-spanking new I Ching coins lol :)
I've read a couple of Cassandra Eason's tarot books ' Tarot speaks to the woman within' (I think its called that - not sure) and another just basic tarot book - both good books. I also noticed her I Ching book - again focused on women but I wouldn't buy it without being able to look through it first. :)

grailmaiden

Hi Emily

Yes, I have one of Cassandra Eason's Tarot books. Also, I have her rune book - Runes Speak to the Woman Within. If you are into runes I thoroughly recommend it.

Grail