The Emperor as a man's feelings for a woman

junethird

I got this with my guy alot lol

It means he is controlled of his feelings. not bad. It just that he wants the power. He needs to be able to lead and let it unfold at his pace and his whim. As for romantic feelings, it means strongly that he thinks she is worthy. she could be his empress. The emperor does not bestow favours easily, let alone waste his time. so its important that she is on her best behaviour, as I learned the hard way lol

in my humble opinion, the emperor is the top alpha dog and is all about control.

Salena

I see the Emperor as someone who does not express his feelings, he is in control of himself and distant. In other words he wont let on to how he feels, his priorities and goals are first, and he won't express anything to ever allow the other to feel in control.

I agree with this I had this show up as his feelings for me. I realize that our whole interaction had to be on his terms. He was also unable to reveal his feelings. He also seemed very depressed but also goal oriented.He was a Capricorn.

caridwen

I agree with the post above, the emperor is not very romantic, he is cold and distant, viewing situations with logic and ractionality, he sometimes wants to keep order and control, he might not want to get involved in order to keep his life undisrupted, and if he does get involved is under his own terms.

The Emperor isn't cold - he's a fire sign Aries and ruled by Mars:D

annabellybuttonstar.

For me it usually comes up when a guy is very closed off, some cases seething/ touch angry inside, but not willing to project any emotion in a poker face kind of way. Also kind of stubborn in other cases and refusing to budge. Either way he's stuck to his seat in an energy way.

JonneyVK

Jonathan

Hi, I’ve been reading through this discussion concerning the Emperor as feelings with great interest. I naturally fall into the King Of Wands character but during difficult relationships fall into the Emperor. I do feel that I need to add to this discussion concerning some of the bad press concerning this card concerning feelings. I have been a member of both fathers 4 justice and families need fathers and I have conducted tarot readings (without profit) for the past 6 years. I have found the Emperor to appear when there has been a conflict of interest between the women I’ve been involved with and my two sons. This has simply meant that my two son’s interest comes before any relationship and I do think that’s a noble trait in a man. I have also met many Emperors’ during my time with both charities. It’s ridiculous to think the Emperor upright (unless reversed) means tyrannical and a dictator (male negative traits), infact many Emperors are very loving and protective (would sacrifice their own life for their children) and can and do emulate to a lesser degree the roles of the Empress. It would be similar to add the female (negative) attributes of pride and envy to the upright Empress!

If you get this card for feelings, ask yourself why you/him/her think of him/her this way...perhaps you have behaved immaturely and he/she loves you and wants the best for you like a father figure. This has cropped up for me when dating a woman much younger than myself and immature and reckless in her actions. Also ask if you’re a threat to his/her children’s best interests.

Is this card romantic......depending on your values this card is the Father Of All the King’s......as the Empress Is the Mother Of The Queens... I’ve found many Emperors during my charity work and I can assure you they have no shortage of female attention. Very charismatic and many very attractive. Natural born leaders! To the post concerning a Victorian Father and the Emperor, actually It would be better to compare the Empress to Queen Victoria. And the Emperor to Vespasian! That post is like comparing margarine to butter.  With respect, sorry.

I also read both Empress and Emperor as the Alpha Male and Alpha Female of the species. Biological imperative to have both for the survival of future generations and to set an example to the Beta males and females the lessor/or alter ego of both Emperor and Empress of the Kings and Queens of tarot. (yes there’s a reason for the rank promotion folks!) Both are guided by the high priest and high priestess respectively.
As a natural King Of Wands might regret this spontaneous post eeeeekkk but this has been on my mind 3 days! I don’t want to cause any offence. (I will repeat this post to other Emperor discussions, as there are a few on this forum which need it! )

nisaba

I'm not quite sure.
It doesnt strike me as romantic but there does seem something solid about it
And no romance is good unless at least one person if not both, are solid <smile>.

- He wants to build a life with her?
- He wants to father children with her?
Or, just simply, he wants solid ground beneath his feet where she is concerned. To know where it is with her, not to have to second-guess himself and walk on eggshells. To feel emotionally safe with her. And to help her feel safe with him. All sounds pretty positive to me.

- He wants to protect her?
And/or be protected by her. Though this assumes he feels there is some kind of risk to her and she is in need of protection. I assume otherwise - nobody needs protection unless something is badly askew in their life somewhere.

- He wants to control her?
- He wants to 'conquer' her and make her his?
These are both red flags to abuse. The Emperor is not the first card I'd expect to come out for an abusive relationship or a controlling one ("make her his" is pretty controlling!): I've seen the Devil, even cards like the Eight Swords and the Five Cups, but so far over the years, not the Emperor in the context of a negative relationship.

werewolfmoon

Dominating, autocratic, 'wears the pants' in the relationship, controlling out of love (his version anyway) expects respect.

re-pete-a

JOHNNY VK...

I see you've organised and passed judgements on this card "THE EMPEROR" and decided that most have misunderstood him (you)....

Refer back to the post by myself, on Pg one....I still see the Emperor as domineering ,controlling, owning....
Your post emphasizes this clearly...to me.

but, we've all got different eyes in this game...and that's what makes us unique...we don't have to conform to anybodies standards...Just our own, honest to ourselves.

Tiggy-cat

JOHNNY VK...

Refer back to the post by myself, on Pg one....I still see the Emperor as domineering ,controlling, owning....
Your post emphasizes this clearly...to me.

I think this could certainly be a facet of him but I also would think there's likely much more to it. I think of him also as being very mature, experienced, efficient and stable. To see only the "ruler" aspects of him is like saying that all parents are "domineering, controlling, owning"...

They are in charge yes, but they're not all abusive control freaks. Whether the Emperor qualities are a positive or a negative in any given relationship situation is certainly debatable and open to much discussion but it seems simplistic to me to just dismiss an Emperor person as "domineering, controlling, and owning".

Nikita_

I'm not quite sure.
It doesnt strike me as romantic but there does seem something solid about it

- He wants to build a life with her?
- He wants to father children with her?
- He wants to protect her?
- He wants to control her?
- He wants to 'conquer' her and make her his?

all of the above????

Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

(I also asked if they would hear from him soon and got the page of cups which I took as a yes)

I don't like the Emperor much. Everything you said fits, but in my experience he's also very rigid and inflexible, I wouldn't like a man like that as a partner....I used to get it a lot for a man I was dating, and he was exactly like that, inflexible and rigid....