moon and page of cups

Ethereal

this has me kind of confused. i got the moon and page of cups for someones true feelings for another. i am trying to understand how the page of cups would relate to the moon. looks opposite to me. the page is all about innocent love,love letters, crush type thing. first love type thing. with the moon? not sure. any help with this, much gratitude all!

starrystarrynight

The person could be self-deceiving or kidding him/herself (Moon) due to his/her own puppy love and unrealistic expectations (Page of Cups.)

Or s/he could be deceiving the other person (Moon) by exploiting his/her naivete against him/her (Page of Cups) without having any real feelings for them at all.

The Moon trumps the Page, so whatever the feelings, they are more unrealistic and ethereal than concrete and true, I'd think.

Trogon

this has me kind of confused. i got the moon and page of cups for someones true feelings for another. i am trying to understand how the page of cups would relate to the moon. looks opposite to me. the page is all about innocent love,love letters, crush type thing. first love type thing. with the moon? not sure. any help with this, much gratitude all!

Interesting combination. My immediate thought was the young "crush type thing" morphing towards the side of unreasonableness. In other words a "crush" that becomes an unhealthy obsession, or a young girl becoming involved with an older, married man and, in essence, falling in love where her love won't be truly returned.

Just my knee-jerk reaction to the described cards interacting with each other.

Ethereal

starry....i never even saw this, the whole self deception thing going on. deceiving oneself , kidding oneself due to the puppy love and unrealistic expectations. also, (thanks!) the flip side to it...deceiving the other person by exploiting their naivete, without having any real feelings for them. thanks for helping me see TWO sides to this! it really enlightened me, alot. makes total sense.

trogon..the whole crush type thing morphing into obsession, yes i can see this too. unhealthy obsession that won't be returned. something else i needed to look at with this pair. i kind of get a sense now of being *duped* and feeling it on an emotional level with page in the spotlight. thank you both for helping me here!

WaterSong

another take...

the Moon is also about romantic emotions, poetry,art, strong undercurrents....it is about intuition and all that is deep and hidden, our deepest emotions come from the subconscious....artists often get the Moon, as they work and express feelings, emotions and visions often hidden to the rest.
The Moon for me is not a negative card, of course depends on the position etc, but it is a card of enchantment, magic and beauty also.....mystery.

So I would say that this person is having very romantic , intense feelings for the other, maybe feelings they have never experienced before.They feel a strong *pull* to this person, that cannot explain and make them feel a bit vulnerable, like this page.

I see in this two cards together lots of water, the Moon rules the tides....lots of of deep, intense emotion....probably they are are in love .....

and , forgot to say, Tarot can be literal...I often associate the Moon with visual arts, like filming and movies....so....what is the person would like to extend an invitation to the movies ? :) the page is also an invitation or news....maybe they want to court them by inviting them to some show or to the movies...

One time I had this card come up for a friend and told her she was going to a place close to water....she turned out to be in an Inn called Full Moon on the Water :D

Ethereal

magenta, that was a very descriptive , beautiful expression of the moon; i loved reading what you wrote. yes, the two water cards. i also did get a feeling of deep intense feelings, and perhaps being in love. that *pull* that one cannot explain. agree, the moon is mysterious. thinking of what can happen too, on a full moon! the vulnerability in the page of cups; absolutely. love the real life experience with your friend on the water in that Inn. yes, tarot can be literal , it has happened to me also. you added so much here, and helped me understand even more. thank you!

bogiesan

My Moon alsways screams madness and the deepest and weirdest feminine powers, stuff men can only read about in science fiction books. My C-P stares at the fish in his cup without wonder; he is ot surprised in the least it is there. That's a bit nuts but it's also quite accepting of him, a positive character attribuiton. The Page is not phased by stuff that would deeply bother other folks.

So these feelings are mad as custard, completely off the beam. But this is not bothering anyone.

PAMUYA

this person is in the honeymoon phase of the relationship, does not see reality or things clearly, everything is good..when the sun shines on this relationship their feelings may change.

wind

Moon - the queen

I am going with magenta - I think the Moon is so misjudged and treated really badly as a card, mainly due to our western logically orientied mind who thrives on rationality and clarity.

Moon is totally related to feeling. What we feel comes from our unconscious, our psyche, where are impulses that we are not even aware of. When we fall in love we usually do not understand why, there is just some pull - that we can reveal by going deep into our mysterious unconscious.

Moon is a very deep and strong card but it is feared because people are usually afraid of emotional depth, of their own irrationality, of impulses and emotions that they cannot understand with clear and pure logic.

We are the civilisation that values Sun - power, clarity, inspiration, goals, vision. We reject and neglect Moon and see it as devious, illusive magic power with no real substance. But in fact, she has the deepest substance, because the power of the uncoscious is far greater than the power of the conscious which is very superficial.

We value only daylight and things that we can see and touch - and fear the mysteries of our deep inner pool which is in fact the only real basis for true feelings.

So, Moon as feelings for me means deep, profound feelings, that touch the person to the core. Our organ with which we feel is the Moon, not the Sun - but it is true that with feelings it is difficult to make rational decisions, hence we need the Sun.

But by no means is Moon lesser than the Sun, less meaningful, less rich, less deep...it is in fact more that the Sun in this sense.

Also, Moon card can tell us that deep, uncosncious, childhood patterns are in action - and the things is, that we usually fall in love based on that:) Deep love will touch all the inner uncoscious drama where we usually lack clarity, also because we never learnt to deal with it.

So, no more judging of the Moon:)

For me, this combination Moon + Page of cups means that something new is being born out of the unconscious, new revelation, new feeling but which has deep roots. A chance for new feeling with great depth.

Lula Jing

For me, this combination Moon + Page of cups means that something new is being born out of the unconscious, new revelation, new feeling but which has deep roots. A chance for new feeling with great depth.
Love this interp! :) What a great explanation before hand too.