The Ancestral Path Tarot Book

steinchen

Is this an advisable book?
I got the Ancestral Path Tarot Deck (in german) for 2 years ago.
But the small description wich is enclosed is insufficient.

What can you tell me about this book?

Thank you.

HudsonGray

I've got it, it's a small size (6x4") but a good 240 pages long, so pretty substantial. It's written by Tracey Hoover (the person shown on the Fool card). The ISBN# is 0-88079-176-4 put out in 1996 by US Games.

There's a good detailed description about each card, listing history & symbol reasons on each one. There's about 40 pages on spreads, reading & patterns. It's also got a breakdown for the Wheel of the Year---each card in the minors/courts (not the majors) stands for either a particular date (solstice) or a week, and runs sequentially. So if you need to do timed/dated readings, you can get a definite breakdown by card if need be.

For instance, the Ace of Swords is the Spring Equinox, the 2 of Swords is March 22 to 28. Etc. I've never seen another deck that's set up like this.

As for the book meanings, here's a sample from one page.

Ten of Staves (Wands)
Description: A young mother leaves a terraced papyrus field shouldering a bundle of ten papyrus reeds. Another bundle, her youngest child, is carried in a pouch. An older son walks ahead ofher, carrying a box of grain; another grain container strapped to his back. The field rises above the Nile, part of a bay in which nestles the mortuary temple of Hatshepsut (the only female pharaoh in Egytpian history). This Nubian family is part of the laboring servant/slave class drawn from Egypt's conquered territories, who were set to work every fertile strip of land surrounding the Nile.
*The reign of Ramses II also marked the era of Israelite enslavement. Historians speculate that Hebrew slaves probably labored to build the pharaoh's new royal capital of Per-Ramese, "house of Ramses.")

Meanings:
Being overburdened, pressured, and taxed to the limit of one's ability to cope. The card calls for the need to balance everything very carefully, as the tightrope is tightly stretched & may break at any moment. Responsibilities and obligations can be oppressive and stressful if not balanced with perspective and the release of nonessentials. Distinctions between exploiting and being exploited need to be considered. Issues arise concerning slavery and/or servitude to society, family, or one's job.

steinchen

Hello HudsonGray

thank you for the good information.
I will buy it.

Only the english is difficult to read for me. But I must learn it.
I have a good translation book and internetside.

SunChariot

Have fun!

I enjoyed reading the book, I hope you will too. It tells something of the mythology of the cultures of the four suits. And I found that part fascinating.:)

Have fun reading it.

Bar