Hanson Roberts Tarot Companion Book

Flavio

This is a new book by Susan Hansson published by U.S. Games, beign a big Hanson Roberts deck fan, I thought about buying it, but read bad reviews at Amazon, does anyone in the forum has it and would share its impressions? Is worth buying it? Thank you.

lark

It's a nice little book Flavio
I'm a Hanson Roberts fan too and I wanted it just becuase it made me feel like my cards were more complete having the book.
It is mainly a description of the card picture and then an upright and reversed meaning.
Also a few pages of spreads, about the artist, structure and evolution of tarot, meditation methods with tarot ect.
But nothing goes into real depth.

Flavio

lark said:
It's a nice little book Flavio
I'm a Hanson Roberts fan too and I wanted it just becuase it made me feel like my cards were more complete having the book.
Feel the same way about companion books for decks, I was afraid to be dissapointed by the "official" book for one of my dearest decks.

WhiteRaven

I have it too. I had it ordered thinking it would go more indepth but was disappointed. The description of the imagery is good but the meanings are very scanty...which in one way is good because it makes you use your intuition more as opposed to using the book as a crutch.

Incidently...I love this deck too. It's much softer than the RWS.

Ruby7

Flavio said:
This is a new book by Susan Hansson published by U.S. Games, beign a big Hanson Roberts deck fan, I thought about buying it, but read bad reviews at Amazon, does anyone in the forum has it and would share its impressions? Is worth buying it? Thank you.

Hmm, I think I wrote one of those bad reviews on Amazon :). I bought the book for the same reason that others have mentioned--to complete a deck that I love. There honestly is nothing worthwhile about buying it if you have other tarot books, but silly enough I still wouldn't part with it since it belongs with one of my favourite decks. I think it is a good simple little beginner book with a few sentences of divinatory meaning for each card. It's not an awful book just not much to it.

All the best,
Ruby7

lunakasha

I have another book which features the Hanson-Roberts deck....it was my first tarot book and I still use it as my main reference book. The name of the book is Tarot Unveiled: The Method to its Magic by Laura Clarson. I would recommend this book highly for beginners, or to anyone who wants a quick-reference book that is packed with information. This one is also published by US Games.

:) Luna

rosesred

I did not like the book very much. If you have been working with the deck for some time, it will not tell you anything new.

WhiteRaven

There is a revival of a study group for the Hanson-Roberts Deck in the "General" area of the Group Studys if anyone is interested and brushing up on the deck itself.

Just thought I'd let you folks know... :)

Flavio

Ruby7 said:
Hmm, I think I wrote one of those bad reviews on Amazon :). I bought the book for the same reason that others have mentioned--to complete a deck that I love.
:) you sure are a talented reviewer, made me doubt about getting this book.

Lark, WhiteRaven, Lunakasha,rosered:
Thank you so much for your kind comments I know now... when in doubt as AT members :)