The Dark Self - spread.

rcb30872

Just wanted to say that I was quite angry before I started the reading, I did another reading, different cards and different context. The anger got worse and worse, but by the time the Culling the Darkness came by, it just cleared. So now I don't feel so angry, feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders.

So, for anyone else who would like to know of a useful way of dealing with anger in a productive way, I recommend that you do this reading. If it can help me, I'm sure that it can help you.

Great job, Elven

Bec

Elven

The Extended Dance Mix Version - Dancing in the Dark!!! LOL :)

Hi bec,
WOW, thats a good outcome for that spread! Better than the headache!! :) Thankyou for letting me know about your reading. Its so informative. I have put the revised spread at the bottomof the post. Thankyou for the suggestions they make such a difference to the way I view the spread and how it evolves into a worthwhile and healing tool.:D

I agree with the added card and thought it should be something like:
The Key of Release - The first step to releasing the Self from the Darkness.

I like the number placement of this card too - the seventh. The vibration of the lesson and the apprentice, learning and the laws of nature. A sacred number which illuminates the mind through meditation and discipline. realization and discovery. Philosophy, science and religion. The light penetrating.

During another reading using this spread, I also came across an extra dimmension to the reading. It requires you to - after you have dealt the cards out, look at the card at the very base of the pack.
In the instance I used this method, it gave me the timing of the incident, and because I was using two decks to do the reading, the base card on the other deck gave me the 'Emotional response'.

An example would be: (my simple interpretation only)
Base 1: The Fool - timing - conception to birth.
Base 2: Seven of wands - defending the very basics of ones life, ones rights.

This may not be the only things the base cards reveal, but they give a true depth and insight to the reading which may not be accessable through the 7 questions alone.

So the new spread with the extra card looks like this:

The Dark Self Spread - Extended Version 1.:

1. Darkest Hidden Aspect - Single point of Darkness within.

2. Source of Darkness - where does the darkness come from - how did it manifest. Where does it hide.

3. Face of Darkness - How can you recognize the Darkness within. How does the darkness reveal itself. How does it impact on your life.

4. Feeding the Darkness - How are you 'Feeding the Demons' - What are you doing that keeps the Darkness alive within.

5. The Lightside of Darkness - what is the positive aspect of this side. How does it benefit your life. The necessary aspects.

6. Culling the Darkness - Lesson Realization -Restoring the balance, Harmonizing.

7. The Key of Release - The first step to releasing the Self from the Darkness. Meditation and Action.

************2***********
******4***********5*****
************7***********
******1***********3*****
************6***********

********BASE CARD********

Both spreads I think are valid, but, feedback on the Extended spread would be greatly appreciated too. Thankyou so much!! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

bleuivy

This looks like a great spread! I think I'm going to give it a try within the next couple of days. I say "I think I'll try it," rather than "I know I'll try it" because after I read the spread and started thinking of trying it, I sort of felt a sense of foreboding or trepidation, or some such similar emotion.

I've never been afraid to try a spread before!

Oh well. I'm quite determined that I'm going to give this spread a go. If I do, I'll post feedback on it, and possibly post my reading in the Your Readings section. It would be great if I could get the spread originator to read over my take on their spread!

Elven

TeeeHeee!! The spread originator would be more than happy to read your spread! :)

Last weekend I watched Bill and Teds Bogus Adventure. When I do a reading with this spread I get an image of the Reaper - unfortunately its with that pinafore and hat on! :D

Blessings
Elven x

LuckyFox

Well. I did try this spread but got the strangest outcome and it didn't make any sense.. so much so that I didn't even write the reading in my journal..

Of course, this probably works against me now .. I'm going to try it again later.
I like the 7th card! Nice touch :)

autumn star

Thanks for the Spread ... I am going to try it.

I especially like the 7th card, it makes the spread seem alot more complete if that makes sense

:)

bladeraven

I was curious..can an oracle card be used as the "base card" and the majority of the cards be a Tarot deck?

rcb30872

Hi Elven

Yeah, me again, hehehe. I just had someone ask me for a reading in which they wanted to know if there was anything in their past that they haven't dealt with, so I decided to use your spread. I used the seven positions, got the base cards, but didn't interpret them. But what I did was used the tarot with conjunction with the oracle for each of the postions, and it seemed to work quite well. I guess if you are going to do that is to find two decks, one tarot and one oracle, that work well together. Mind you, I don't think it would be much good, but will see how the feedback goes!

:love:

Bec

Elven

Hi bec :love:

Thanks for trying out the spread. Im glad you put an Oracle deck with it as well - this is really cool! I hope the reading comes out well - love to know if it ended up being relevant :) Ive had some good results, but that can be quite confronting in itself - its one of those spreads that sort of says "well you did ask"!! :bugeyed: :p :D But thats OK, once the dust settles and you pick up the broken dishes and wipe the mash & sausages off the wall ... teehee

Thanks for the heads-up bec and trying out the spread!

Blessings
Elven x

EnglishRose

Hi Elven thanks for posting this spread, i shall give it a try tonight.
Sophie xx