A time-line spread?

The crowned one

Is there a spread that answers questions that start with "how long"..ie) how long untill I move, how long untill I buy a new car how long untill I get married.

Have you found one that works? I never have.

Stormwitch

The crowned one said:
Is there a spread that answers questions that start with "how long"..ie) how long untill I move, how long untill I buy a new car how long untill I get married.

Anything even close would be helpful.

This is the way I do it:

Lay out three rows of 13 cards from left to right.

Row 1 = days
Row 2 = weeks
Row 3 = months.

(if you wish to include years add a 4th row. It depends on the question)

Now look where, (if at all) any aces fall in those rows. For example:

Row 1 - 3rd card is an ace
Row 2 - 6th card is an ace.

The answer to the timing question would be = 6 weeks and 3 days.

The way to phrase the question should also start..

From this day how long until ......??

I hope that makes sense!

Just to point out something else as an afterthought -

Be careful how you phrase the question. For example:

How long will it take me to pay off my credit card? - that question is too broad, in the respect that perhaps the querent or yourself has already been paying it off for a year, the cards will include that year and also perhaps your current monthly rate. A better question would be:

From this day forward, at my present monthly rate how long will it be until I have paid the total amount owing on my credit card?

Or - from this day forward, if I increase my monthly payments and do not incur any more debt how long will it take me to pay my credit card debt back to a zero balance?

Long questions yes - but clear and concise.

MysticalMoose

I Like this idea..I shall try it ...umm..this might seem a silly question _ Im a little tired this evening :rolleyes: but..If no Aces pop up...do you deal again? or is there another step?
MM

Stormwitch

MysticalMoose said:
I Like this idea..I shall try it ...umm..this might seem a silly question _ Im a little tired this evening :rolleyes: but..If no Aces pop up...do you deal again? or is there another step?
MM

It is very unusual for no aces to pop up..however if this happens I regard it as the question being unanswerable at the time, phrased incorrectly or simply undecided at that point. usually its a wrongly phrased question.

Pao

this looks like a great spread! but how would you phrase the question if its about something else like love. like if you want to know when you'll get married or when your first child will be born?

i have a bit a trouble phrasing things properly, i dont want to mess it up! LOL

The crowned one

That is an easy to use spread, thank-you.

How have you found the results to be as that dating is very precise!

tabi

I'm curious to why 13 cards for each row...:confused: I have always sucked at telling time when reading.

Stormwitch

Pao said:
this looks like a great spread! but how would you phrase the question if its about something else like love. like if you want to know when you'll get married or when your first child will be born?

i have a bit a trouble phrasing things properly, i dont want to mess it up! LOL

Well for example if you have never been married, you could phrase it something like "From this moment on, how long until I am first married" or if you have already been married before "From this moment on, how long until I am married again" . For the first child, "From this moment on, how long will I have to wait until the birth of my first child".

And yes, phrasing can be a hard one!

The crowned one said:
That is an easy to use spread, thank-you.

How have you found the results to be as that dating is very precise!

Actually I have found it to be quite accurate indeed. Although I am aware that of course it does rely on the person continuing down the path that they should be. For example I asked a question about a financial debt I have, and phrased it like this "If I continue to pay this debt at the same weekly rate as I am currently doing, how long until the debt is reduced back to a zero balance". Let me tell you I wasn't happy with the result lol, however I can certainly see that it would take the time the cards indicated!

tabi said:
I'm curious to why 13 cards for each row...:confused: I have always sucked at telling time when reading.

Actually, this spread developed from a 3 aces spread I use for Yes or No questions, in which 3 piles of thirteen cards are used. When I felt the need to do one for a time line, I found myself spreading those cards in rows and looking for the aces. Somehow it just all fell into place and 13 seems to be exactly the right number of cards to work with in each row. Most times if I am working on new spreads I just follow what my heart and hands seem to want to do.

MercyMe

How do you read it if more than one ace appears in any given row?

Stormwitch

MercyMe said:
How do you read it if more than one ace appears in any given row?

To be honest I have never had that happen. Weird I know but it just has never eventuated. If that happened perhaps it would be a sign the cards were not shuffled enough, or at the right point to lay out?