A time-line spread?

Stormwitch

red11 said:
Stormwitch,
Great spread! Just wondering, have you ever used it to ask when a "right time" to do something is? I tried it, and I said something like "From this day, how long until it is the right time to do ____." I got one Ace, in the position of a week from now.

Just curious. :)

Red, I think that was phrased very well:)

Pao, I concur with your thinking, although I've never had two aces in the same row in the entire five years I've used this spread lol !!!...

But yes, I think thats a good angle we can look at, two aces in the same row can be used for timing that is non specific, after all not all situations run to exact timing especially with other people involved. And of course not all spreads in their original context suit everyone. After all I"m sure we have all started with some spreads, figured they didn't quite suit us, and altered them accordingly.

Its been really wonderful to share this spread with you all - I feel this is how we grow and evolve as readers, otherwise we would stay static in our spreads!!

MysticalMoose

This has been a great thread, Thank You Stormwitch for sharing this with us :) how typical tho that we go & do something different! :laugh:..I was using a 78 card deck, I shuffled well & Im pretty sure I phrased the question ok... 1 Month 1 week & a day sounds ok...Ive been waiting 3months as it is so hey...whats another month or so :D

celticnoodle

wow! i like this, and i'm going to try it too. with my luck though, i'll get all 4 aces in the same row! :laugh: very interesting spread & posts!

spokeynic

when dealing out the 13 cards do you put all 13 in row 1 then 13 in row 2 or do you put one card in row 1 then row 2 then row three till all rows have 13 cards?

Stormwitch

spokeynic said:
when dealing out the 13 cards do you put all 13 in row 1 then 13 in row 2 or do you put one card in row 1 then row 2 then row three till all rows have 13 cards?

All 13 in a row, then move down to the next row. Cards are place from left to right.

Summersweet

I love this spread storm, thank you for sharing it with us :)

Oubliette

I tried this spread recently. It was one of the first that I tried from these forums, and though the answers were really specific, and unfavorable :p I really liked it. A very simple spread indeed. Thanks for sharing :)

SarahRose

I just tried it. I actually have the cards laid out before me as we speak. I got nothing in weeks, months or years, and 2 aces in the days spot - and the question was "From this day, when will I find a lasting relationship?" I was shocked!

The positions were 8 and 12, and I seem to find myself thinking of it as a range as well.

I suppose it kind of makes sense since there is someone in my life right now that I have been back-and-forth-ing it with, but that's... pretty soon! Maybe something will happen soon!

Anyway, I plan on doing this more - I like this one!

Edit: Just did it again. This one I highly doubt.

From this day, when will I have my first baby?
Years: 1
Months: 1, 8 (1-8 months?)

I'm not in any kind of committed relationship, I've never had sex, I am 20 and though I want a whole hoard of kids, probably not within the next two years, lol.

Any ideas?

Stormwitch

SarahRose said:
I just tried it. I actually have the cards laid out before me as we speak. I got nothing in weeks, months or years, and 2 aces in the days spot - and the question was "From this day, when will I find a lasting relationship?" I was shocked!

The positions were 8 and 12, and I seem to find myself thinking of it as a range as well.

I suppose it kind of makes sense since there is someone in my life right now that I have been back-and-forth-ing it with, but that's... pretty soon! Maybe something will happen soon!

Anyway, I plan on doing this more - I like this one!

Edit: Just did it again. This one I highly doubt.

From this day, when will I have my first baby?
Years: 1
Months: 1, 8 (1-8 months?)

I'm not in any kind of committed relationship, I've never had sex, I am 20 and though I want a whole hoard of kids, probably not within the next two years, lol.

Any ideas?

ok firstly, make sure the cards are well shuffled. Secondly your question of a lasting relationship, it's a bit general. After all you can have a lasting relationship with anyone. so perhaps alter the question to reflect the kind of relationship you meant? Its the downside of this spread that you have to be really specific.

personally I've never had two aces in the same line but it seems people do, I deem that to be a time that isn't truly set as yet.

Now as to your baby question - 1 year and 1-8 months, when you think about it, is a long way into the future, you never know what is around the corner..so why not just smile and wait and see?

SarahRose

Yes, that's true - I didn't realize how general the relationship question was. I meant romantic.

As for the baby thing - I don't know. I mean, I will have to be married before I have children (or else be expelled from the family) and I just don't see marriage and conception within that time. I suppose we'll see, though, of course. It is a pleasant thought. :)

Thank you!