Jonathan Dee... Lenormand! ;)

Marirowana

Just about an hour ago, I posted that I was looking for a Lenormand deck... Now, I have one :D

I turned my old, unused Jonathan Dee tarot into a Len. Well that was fun! :cool: It feels like there was a Lenormand hiding in there, and I just had to look for it, or drag it out sometimes. Did you know that the Hanged Man is a nice performance of the Stork? ;) Alright that one -and a few others- may be a bit farfetched, but still, it works! At least I can see if Lenormand is something for me, without spending money.

I hated the deck as a tarot, but I actually really like it as a Lenormand. I'm quiete fond of some of the cards :heart:

Just can't decide which Scythe I should use - what do you think?

Attachments

• DIY Lenormand 1.jpg
    DIY Lenormand 1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DIY Lenormand 2.jpg
    DIY Lenormand 2.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Which Scythe?.jpg
    Which Scythe?.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 145

Village Witch

What a fabulous idea! Love it!

I personally would choose the Lady with the Scythe card only because I was taught that Scythe can reap/harvest as well as cut away.

Marirowana

What a fabulous idea! Love it!

I personally would choose the lady with the scythe only because I was taught that Scythe can reap/harvest as well as cut away.

The harvest aspect of the card is something hard to see on the former-death card indeed... It felt pretty badass to draw a reap in the Empress' hand })
But in the context of this deck, I only see harvest/reap, no empress anymore.
Thank you for your feedback!

Lunajade

Looks great! (that was my first tarotdeck). Have fun with your homemade lenormand deck.

porcupines

This is awesome! I am loving the colors. Very creative hanged man to stork transformation haha!

Lee

Delightful! I bought that deck when it first came out, and thought it was odd and unappealing. You've rescued it!

I prefer the death Scythe.

Marirowana

Thanks, Lunajade and porcupines! I'm very fond of the Stork as well.

Delightful! I bought that deck when it first came out, and thought it was odd and unappealing. You've rescued it!

I prefer the death Scythe.

I'm glad I saved it, as well :D

I'm still in doubt... why would you go for the death one?

For crying out loud, I just see that I misspelled 'Bouquet'... How hard can it be... I have to make another card, as a bookeditor I can't have a card with a mistake like that haha. Now I'm thinking about it, I don't even know why I didn't do the words in my own language :rolleyes:

ana luisa

The Death Scythe. The card means END so nothing shows more what end means than Death :)
BTW, LOOOOVE your deck makeover. :thumbsup:

Marirowana

The Death Scythe. The card means END so nothing shows more what end means than Death :)
BTW, LOOOOVE your deck makeover. :thumbsup:

Thanks you! I read some more about the meaning of Scythe, and I think I'll go for the Death card... It makes more sense. But I'll keep the other one, just in case :D

daphne

Just about an hour ago, I posted that I was looking for a Lenormand deck... Now, I have one :D

I turned my old, unused Jonathan Dee tarot into a Len. Well that was fun! :cool: It feels like there was a Lenormand hiding in there, and I just had to look for it, or drag it out sometimes. Did you know that the Hanged Man is a nice performance of the Stork? ;) Alright that one -and a few others- may be a bit farfetched, but still, it works! At least I can see if Lenormand is something for me, without spending money.

I hated the deck as a tarot, but I actually really like it as a Lenormand. I'm quiete fond of some of the cards :heart:

Just can't decide which Scythe I should use - what do you think?

Wow, nice deck, you are quite inventive!! Now I want one too.
I would go for the second Scythe, the first one is too one way (doomed) meaning.