hedgewitchery deck ?

redflash

Ok, I'm baffled ! On the Orphalese tarot program there is a 52 card deck by someone whose second name is Lawson, called THE HEDGEWITCHERY DECK, published by PEN & SWORD.

I've searched these forums & there are references to the hedgewitchery method of PC divination but not to an actual deck of cards.

The Pen & Sword site is no help, it's all about military history.

Has anyone heard of or got this deck ? it looks fascinating !

SallySparrow

I've had a Google and couldn't find anything =(.

It does sound really interesting, I'd love to know more about it if anyone finds out.

Terri

redflash

Not much further forward. :(

There are references to the deck in the orphalese forums from July 2006, but it also quotes the author as saying he will never get them published. But in the same program it says they were published sometime in 2006. I can't seem to log onto the forums properly so am waiting for help from admin.

Emailed Pen & Sword, waiting for a reply.

LOL, I am completely obsessed now !

redflash

Just got an email from pen & sword, they know nothing about the deck & have no trace whatsoever of them having published one. Wish I'd never seen it, it's lovely but I can't have it !

Lewen

That is just terrible. I would have liked to have seen them. They sound like something I would like to get. I hope you find the answer to your mystery!

Bernice

The hedgewitchery deck

I have images of a Hedgewitch deck. Don't know if it's the same as the one that's supposed to have been published.

I had thought of making a physical deck from them, but on closer inspection the images don't seem to match the meanings that are given at the Hedgwytch site.

Bee

stella01904

The Hedgewytchery site is all about reading regular playing cards, anyway. The whole idea is that you can have them in places where a Tarot or an oracle deck might cause an uproar. :D And of course there's that "y" spelling, so I don't think they're affiliated.

But I'd loooove to see images. :)

redflash

Here are some images, not very clear tho !

hedge4.jpg

hedge3.jpg

hedge2.jpg

hedge1.jpg

Lexie

A VERY nice oracle indeed... another one for my wish list! :)

Bernice

redflash card images:

Yes, these are the images I have. But I think they are a virtual deck - not a physical one. I tried to match them with the Hedgwytch meanings via the dates/festivals, but they don't match.

Bee