Mystic Fairy Tarot Discussion Thread (2007 and 2009 threads merged)

Jimilyn

Superb!

That sounds great FayCarol. By the 24th I'll have two weeks of school left. I may be able to keep up...if not, I'll catch up once we send our little darlings home for the summer.

Jimilyn

Onyx

I know that this is not the greatest bit of encouragement but I have been reading along as the new Mystic Faerie study has been going on lately.

I love the deck. I have used it for readings and get great responses. My only issue with it is that as a guy I feel a bit dorky using it for my face to face readings. But if I can get over that it just sings and readings come together in amazing ways.

By far, bar none, my favorite group of court cards. As a whole they are all awesome. I can look at each and every card and see their personalities and traits clearly.

While not a huge fan of the border I can live with it because of the depth and the beauty of images they are not held back.

Who knows when the spirit may move and I might just end up stoping by and adding my take on a card or two.

Onyx.

SakuraFae

Onyx said:
I love the deck. I have used it for readings and get great responses. My only issue with it is that as a guy I feel a bit dorky using it for my face to face readings. But if I can get over that it just sings and readings come together in amazing ways.

I can totally understand that.. but if I was a client and the deck gave great insight.. I don`t think I`d giggle at what artwork is on them, I`d be amazed just how much it rings true. :D

SakuraFae

FayCarol said:
Hi Ladies,
I am so glad you want to do this study. I am going to spend the rest of this week and what I can of next week going over the cards already posted and add a post with my thoughts about each one. Maybe we could all do that and post our thoughts about each card?
We are having a family gathering here on the 24th so I am going to be busy getting ready for that. We have about 30 people coming.
Then after Memorial weekend I can post a new card and we can all post about it? We can post a new card each week or twice a week, however you all want to do it. I am excited to share my thoughts and learn what others think of the cards.

FayCarol

Hey FayCarol! How are you making out. This morning I finally had time to myself to add the Knight of Pentacles. I understand this card is scattered in order, but it jumped at me. I think I'll reflect on him for a bit then pull another card.

NoelleNoey

Hi. I'll like to join in. I'll be abit slow due to work and stuff but I promise I'll do my best to catch up.

SakuraFae

NoelleNoey said:
Hi. I'll like to join in. I'll be abit slow due to work and stuff but I promise I'll do my best to catch up.

Hi NoelleNoey. :D No worries about how fast or slow you go. It's a sharing and learning experience. The study has been pretty quiet, I've added a few in the past few months. You and I can follow along with each other to give us some things to discuss. I'm interested to see what you post and happy you are joining me/us.

NoelleNoey

Hi! Thanks for welcoming me. Its great that we'll be getting some fresh perspectives and discussions. :D

SakuraFae

NoelleNoey said:
Hi! Thanks for welcoming me. Its great that we'll be getting some fresh perspectives and discussions. :D

Loved your input on the Fool. We can spur each other along. :D

NoelleNoey

Thanks for your encouragement :)

I was wondering out of curiousity if this deck is similar/close to the RWS?

SakuraFae

NoelleNoey said:
Thanks for your encouragement :)

I was wondering out of curiousity if this deck is similar/close to the RWS?

Yeppers, it's based off of RWS, but each deck takes it's own spin, through the artist and through how you view/feel the images. I haven't compared side by side for the minor arcana.

Do you know the RWS well and are trying to compare or just curious?