Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Dark Angels Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Metafizzypop 
Citizen

The Dark Angels Tarot

Has anyone heard of the Dark Angels Tarot, or know anything about it? It's a new deck, scheduled to come from Lo Scarabeo in April 2010. It's already available for pre-order at Tarot Garden and Llewellyn. All I've seen of it are teensy tiny pictures at TG, but it looks pretty hot, from what I can tell. The artist is Luca Russo. Here's the description from Tarot Garden:

"Dare to explore your dark side with this gorgeously gothic tarot. Journey to a dimly lit, secret netherworld, where you'll have a rare oppportunity to communicate with heaven's misunderstood outcasts -- the dark angels. Achingly beautiful, mysterious, and undoubtedly wise, these unearthly creatures have much to teach us of our own shadow selves."

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? I haven't even seen it yet, and it's on my wish list.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Citizen

F.M. Tarot 
Citizen

Thank you for sharing, these are so beautiful! I am putting it on my wishlist. I really want to hear and see more! Those small scans are rotten teasers
I did a search on his name and all his art is amazing.

I found what I think is an image of one of his cards on his blog http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hJzqy4rJLA...400/angelo.jpg But I can't read the blog it's in Italian.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Citizen

Manda 
Citizen

I can't tell if I am attracted or repulsed.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Citizen

Metafizzypop 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.M. Tarot
Thank you for sharing, these are so beautiful! I am putting it on my wishlist. I really want to hear and see more! Those small scans are rotten teasers
I did a search on his name and all his art is amazing.

I found what I think is an image of one of his cards on his blog http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hJzqy4rJLA...400/angelo.jpg But I can't read the blog it's in Italian.
That sample looks really nice. Would you mind giving a link to the blog? I can read Italian.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda
I can't tell if I am attracted or repulsed.
I just think I want it

They would give the other angels in the house a bit of a shock though. I can already hear them whispering behind their white fluffy wings at each other.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Citizen

Vesper 
Citizen

Me, too, Aerin. It's like my vampire decks and my angel decks decided to mate and have beautiful evil offspring.

I like it, but I want to see more cards before I make up my mind about it. I don't want just another pretty goth deck.

There have to be at least one or two cards that jar me for a deck to really speak. It's like I need to dislike or be stumped by some of the cards in order for a deck to feel weighty and have substance. I guess the word I'm looking for is "challenge". Will the art be challenging?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Citizen

hunter 
Citizen

Looks interesting. I don't think I'll buy it as I don't have a use for it...but...I will enjoy looking at some scans.

This deck fills me with a childish desire to stage a mock angel battle with it and a Dorian Virtue Deck

Maybe I do have a use for it. I guess it could be used as creative writing prompts :-)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7

Aerin 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter
Looks interesting. I don't think I'll buy it as I don't have a use for it...but...I will enjoy looking at some scans.

This deck fills me with a childish desire to stage a mock angel battle with it and a Dorian Virtue Deck

Maybe I do have a use for it. I guess it could be used as creative writing prompts :-)
That would be TOO funny.

You could do a conversation, picking one deck at a time and using the LWB absolutely literally. My Archangels just tell me to tidy up: I'd love to know what they'd say to the Dark Angels.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Citizen

hunter 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin
That would be TOO funny.

You could do a conversation, picking one deck at a time and using the LWB absolutely literally. My Archangels just tell me to tidy up: I'd love to know what they'd say to the Dark Angels.
Okay, now I want the deck and also a Dorian deck. Humor therapy :-) NOW I have a use for the deck :-)

So which Angel deck would be the funniest?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Citizen

Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

Looks good. Can't wait to see more samples.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.