Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Morgan Greer Regular or Pocket?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Mine's on the way. I'm sure it will be lovely and dinky and all the rest of it but my sharply glossy Italian printing is going to take some beating.

The MG isn't a deck I read with but I do consider it a classic and had to order the tin version. But the China printing, while nice, probably won't have that pop which I love so much in the Italian. Plus, I've always been fine with the standard version. It doesn't take up that much premium space in my bag. My bag gains - what? - an extra inch of space?

Weirdly, I found that my old battered Universal in a soft bag weighs less than the PCS deck in a tin. So I begin to wonder - what is it we like it tins? Weight? Size? A normal deck in a lightweight bag doesn't occupy that much space, nor is it heavier.

But of course we love them - for the novelty factor. I'm looking forward to it arriving. I do wish I loved the Morgan Greer more. It's such a lovely deck, but it leaves me craving symbolism, so I tend not to use it that much.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desecrated View Post
I don't like small decks. They feel like playing cards.
I like the feel of playing cards.

I do want the one in a tin. But as for reducing the art, well, I have both the standard and pocket Hanson-Roberts, and I don't see any difference between them. (Though that could be because the standard H-R is smaller than the average tarot deck.) So I don't think I'll have any trouble with the pocket MG.

Yes, tins are cute. They're also protective.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
The Lone Crone

The shuffle factor. OK, I admit I like to shuffle pocket size decks. Just easier especially when it comes to tarot because so much thicker than Lenormand. BUT I like having the IMAGE LARGE! So borderless and big images are pocket decks that will get my attention.

As far as the tin, I LOVE my custom cases, yes, I'm talking to you Madame Squee and the gorgeous custom cases you make me, but when it's a pocket size, the tin is nice as I can just throw it in my bag. It may make it heavier, but it doesn't take up that much space.

I am sure I will get the Pocket MG and may move my larger one along, even though I have inked the edges to match the backs and had a custom case made for it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Citizen

Ambrosia 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
Weirdly, I found that my old battered Universal in a soft bag weighs less than the PCS deck in a tin. So I begin to wonder - what is it we like it tins? Weight? Size? A normal deck in a lightweight bag doesn't occupy that much space, nor is it heavier.
I completely agree. I took mine out of the tin and put it in a bag. The rattling as I walked was getting annoying...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.